G5 Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well in a week im gonna probably buy my CAI unless i decide to save up and get a catback exhaust first..think i should get the CAI or exhaust first? and which CAI i know injen seems like a popular one amongst the forum, but has any1 had good luck with the AEM CAI or even the K&N intake....my friend is recomending i get the K&N but i havent seen many people use it any ideas......and for a catback exhaust what seems to be nice...magna flow? or?

if i can get any input id really be thankful, im actually gonna spend my next check on my car for once =] currently i have nothing done to my car....except i have an emblem and a B&M shift plus in my trunk waiting to be put on...since its an auto=[ but w/e my parents bought the car im not even 100% sure if the shift plus that works on the cobalt will on my tranny but yeh any input would be apreciated ....dun wanna waste my money on something taht isnt worthit

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the b&m will work just fine since they are one and the same tranny wise. as for CAI, i have Injen and love it, but there are plenty out there and everyone will tell you good things about different products.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
go for the intake first IMO. You'll notice a better sound than stock, and more power. Where as exhaust, you get the sound without power

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay so ima order my cold air intake monday of next week, but i still cant decide on a brand... i heard on California cars theres a thing that we cant have CAI on our cars? iono i still gotta check it out i just remember some guy on this forum having that problem like on out engine there is sumthin in the way for some smog crap iono but yeh which CAI should i get? K&N Injen AEM or? if i buy the AEM ima buy the bypass for sure but i dun care about the price i just wanna get the best for what im spending

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
you're referring to a SAI (secondary air injection). if you dont know wha it looks like, take a picture of your airbox and well tell you if you have one. if you do, there are a few options for you to go

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
njg5gt said:
you're referring to a SAI (secondary air injection). if you dont know wha it looks like, take a picture of your airbox and well tell you if you have one. if you do, there are a few options for you to go
k thanks i will try to free some time to do that 2morrow i saw a picture of one on this forum of another guys G5 he had it so i should recognize it just havent had time to check so i guess i can check 2morrow and get a pic up

·
Registered
62 Posts
chexmix said:
okay so ima order my cold air intake monday of next week, but i still cant decide on a brand... i heard on California cars theres a thing that we cant have CAI on our cars? iono i still gotta check it out i just remember some guy on this forum having that problem like on out engine there is sumthin in the way for some smog crap iono but yeh which CAI should i get? K&N Injen AEM or? if i buy the AEM ima buy the bypass for sure but i dun care about the price i just wanna get the best for what im spending
That was me, check out my post and what I had to do to bypass it.

http://www.g5club.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1126

By the way, I 'think' doing this will fail smog, so you'll have to put the stock intake on when you take it in.

If you don't want to deal with replacing the intake every time you need to have it smogged, get the K&N SRI, it has a place for the SAI and should pass smog.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I like injen's CAI, but if you have SAI, I would go for the K&N intake. As far as exhaust goes, Magnaflow FTW!! Don't just get a muffler tho. Make the upgrade worth it so you'll have some power to go along with the sound. I have a custom 2.25" piping from the cat back with a magnaflow muffler. The guy only charged me $200 for everything and I'm very pleased with the upgrade.

My Video:

http://www.g5club.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1180

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh i checked my engine =[ i do have the SAI....and K&N is a pretty good brand but is there a huge difference between getting the SRI vs CAI? in performance/sound? or does it just depend on the persons prefference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts