G5 Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving down the highway and my car starts making that annoying dinging noise (like when you dont wear your seatbelt)
and I was like ut oh whats going on LOL
So then my little info thing says service air bag, LMAO.
And the little airbag crossed out light came on...
cant be good eh?
Luckily for me though the car has an appt tomorrow at the dealership to get an inside piece replaced that was scuffed when I bought it, so I'll get them to fix it..

anyone ever get this happen to them before?
LOL the cars only a month, month and a half old...LOL
I didn't even change anything...was driving for two hours down the highway and it just randomly came on haha.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Have you moved the passenger seat all the way forward or backwards recently? Maybe that harness got disconnected under your seat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humm yeh I did move it actually, that does that?
Weird!!
Its odd that it took 2 hours for it to happen!
I still had half an hour to go so I was super paranoid the air bags were gonna come flying out while I was driving or something HAHA!
Cuz I had no idea what was going on LOL

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I turned the car on this morning and it was gone :S
So I called the dealership anyways since the car was going in , and told the lady (this lady I have dealt with before and she is a BIG B*tch!!!!) She says well nothing we can do if its gone away. (in a reallllllll mean b*tchy tone)
i was like okkkkkkkkkkk, I was just mentioning it!! jeesh lol.

*On a happy note, got my vht nightshade and am gonna get my taillights done, and ark antenna should be in soon!!*

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
i blew my sub driving home from school. 2 hours pushing 550 watts rms to a 450 watt rms sub=bad news bears. it blew and the airbag light turned on. lol "service airbag" or whatever. i pulled over and shut off/restarted the car and it was gone. scared the shit out of me

·
New mommy
3,436 Posts
Mine came on when I was coming back from vacation. When I restarted the car the light was off. Hubby thinks I had something shoved to far up under the seat and tripped it. I never did take it to be checked out cause if the lights out they can't do anything.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thats good that its not JUST mine LOL...big relief :p
I figured since the car was going to the dealership anyways I'd mention it to them.. haha , instead got greeting by someone very cranky LOL

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
i blew my sub driving home from school. 2 hours pushing 550 watts rms to a 450 watt rms sub=bad news bears. it blew and the airbag light turned on. lol "service airbag" or whatever. i pulled over and shut off/restarted the car and it was gone. scared the shit out of me
ha, your car got confused and thought that your sub was your airbag...

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Yeah, I bet your harness under your seat is loose, sounds like a common problem according to CSS.net

If you take the bolts on the back of the seat out and flip the seat up you'll see a purple harness, it's probably loose.

·
Registered
447 Posts
mine has had the "service air bag" light for like 2 months now. lol i wanna fix it but the dealer wants to have the car for the whole day. This is an issue since I literally need my car for everything.

·
Registered
447 Posts
ok so i looked under the seats and i see so many different wires/harnesses. I have the GT with heated seats as well. Could someone explain to me what im looking for? im trying to get rid of the service air bag warning/light. If someone could take a picture and show me which harness that would be perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts