G5 Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering whether anyone else whos going to the meet is gonna have a CB. I just was thinking whether or not i should install the one i have in my g5 or not for the meet.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Uh Negative good buddy... Can I get a set of those "white lettered tires" with that and catch 'em on the flip side?

GTO 1

·
1,895 Posts
I ain't gonna make it to the meet, but I got one. It's under the dash/steering wheel, and antenna on the trunk. I had a sweet setup in my old Sunfire, complete with huge whip on the rear bumper. Stainless steel at first, then fiberglass when I tired of the all-over effect of the steel. It came up through the rear fascia, looked totaly factory OE. I had a good wrestle with myself before I put that hole in the decklid of my '5. But hey, it's not a body panel, so if it ever went bad, replacement would be easy. I found out that a certain red krylon paint is a damn near match for victory red!! The mounting washer got two coats of that with a shot or clear. Instal looks, once again, about as near factory OE as this sort of thing can be. The antenna? 4' 'Firestict' brand.....red of course! SWR .25 low, and tops at .5.

·
1,895 Posts
Sadly, though the 'Fire died in mid '07, hence the G5 GT. I didn't wanna duplicate the look on the '5, it was special to the 'Fire. That, and the Mrs. wasn't all that crazy about it (tuff! LOL). Also, hated to ruin the sportier look of the '5. I explored a number of options for the antenna and the mount setup; I'm liking the end result very much! BTW, the antenna on the 'Fire was NOT compensating for ANYthing (despite my little bro's teasing)! If anything, it was advertising!! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts