G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my oil changed done yesterday and I change out the horn fuse because it wasn't working. Shorty after that my check engine light came on and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I put in the fuse without disabling the battery or if it could be something worse. Please help!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,863 Posts
The fuse replacement has nothing to do with your check engine light. You'll have to have the code read to see where the problem is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey toolman! I just did an oil change on my g5, wasn't on before hand, now it is on, I added stp oil additive to my oil as it is cold and winter now, I am thinking maybe since my car has never had this added when doing my own oil changes maybe the engine sensor is just picking this up and will go away in a day or two?

Or should I go get a code read, maybe I pulled something loose when taking my engine cover off..

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hey toolman! I just did an oil change on my g5, wasn't on before hand, now it is on, I added stp oil additive to my oil as it is cold and winter now, I am thinking maybe since my car has never had this added when doing my own oil changes maybe the engine sensor is just picking this up and will go away in a day or two?

Or should I go get a code read, maybe I pulled something loose when taking my engine cover off..
Why because it is cold and winter would you add STP? It increases the viscosity which you do not need in the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts