G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But clay barring and waxing a white car sucks even more.

as much work as we put into the cars Sunday/Monday, it was well worth it. here's the results. :) the pictures don't do them justice... and it's supposed to rain tonight :(

The G6

the G5

and one of my fav's
the reflection of the G5 on the G6 :) hehe

·
Original Member
904 Posts
in the last pic u can see where gm took a vacation on the paintjob, all the G5's and G6's have horrible orange peel from factory......needs wet sanding right off the line IMO.

P.S. Nice pics bro!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
06Pursuit said:
in the last pic u can see where gm took a vacation on the paintjob, all the G5's and G6's have horrible orange peel from factory......needs wet sanding right off the line IMO.

P.S. Nice pics bro!
Where is that? I'm not seeing it...

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
It's weird seeing pictures of places you've been to on here haha. Nice work on the detailing too btw.

·
Registered
547 Posts
th0ughtless said:
06Pursuit said:

P.S. Nice pics bro!
Where is that? I'm not seeing it...
If you look at the reflection, it's bumpy looking and not smooth....kind of like the texture on an orange peel. That's orange peel paint.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we used mothers clay and quick detailer stuff, and Mequires NXT tech wax. works well... like really well. And that's only one coat of it.

And I agree with the orange peel paintjob on Jordie's car, it's really bad. He's having issues with the black, and an actual red tint coming through on the side body panels.

·
Registered
547 Posts
ringflyer said:
we used mothers clay and quick detailer stuff, and Mequires NXT tech wax. works well... like really well. And that's only one coat of it.

And I agree with the orange peel paintjob on Jordie's car, it's really bad. He's having issues with the black, and an actual red tint coming through on the side body panels.
x2 on the NXT wax, great stuff.

Is the "red tint" making the paint look almost brownish? Mine has the same thing.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jnak said:
ringflyer said:

x2 on the NXT wax, great stuff.

Is the "red tint" making the paint look almost brownish? Mine has the same thing.
yeah, that's what it ends up looking like. the bumpers, hood and roof are fine. After a wax, it seems to have fixed that issue... for now.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The only paint defect I noticed on my car is that the weatherstripping on the 2 lil back windows has a good bit of over spray. I'm going to try that NXT stuff BTW, I used mothers cleaner wax and that stuff pissed me off.

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
th0ughtless said:
The only paint defect I noticed on my car is that the weatherstripping on the 2 lil back windows has a good bit of over spray. I'm going to try that NXT stuff BTW, I used mothers cleaner wax and that stuff pissed me off.
I don't think your weather stripping should have any over spray on them. Isn't the car painted before all that stuff goes on?

The only paint defect I can see on my car is that inside the fog light holes on the bumper. The paint inside there is really thin and bumpy. It is not noticable; I only see it when I am washing down there.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
thoes pictures are awesome keep up the good work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts