G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill start things off by saying these are just pics from my cell phone so no comments on picture quality please. haha thanks

So after being fired from my old mechanic job yesterday (not my fault but rather someone who did something illegal and put my name on it with me having no way to prove I had nothing to do with it, lol) I started work today at a Ford Dealer here in Trenton. Being off earlier than I normally would I found I had lots of time to waste while waiting for girlfriend to get off work. So what better to do than get the dusty, filthy, make me want to cry when i look at it car cleaned up.

I did nothing more than a rinse, then apply soap and wash with my new Shamwow clothes. Rinse off then dry with new Shamwow clothes. Id say it turned out nicely. What do you think? Im loving the new GT rims too.

New addiction to interior. Garmin 250W. Love this GPS. Reads out when to turn and is very accurate. Has a nice display with speed and everything too. Great for long or short trips. Recommend this to anyone looking for a nice GPS. It recalculates how to get to your destination almost instantly if you make a wrong turn. Hard to get lost with this thing.

Now here is the teaser for the mod Im working on. Ill give you all a hint. It involves a lot more HID, Projector Fogs with Halo Rings, and about a gazillion relays....ok, maybe like 3 or so. Ill be able to land airplanes with my car once the lights are finished next week. he he

Low Beam

High Beam

Notice how both low and High beams are on. Ill get up pics of the finished product just as soon as it is done. Maybe late this week or next sometime. Just waiting for more parts to show.

Teaser update.... HID should be here tomorrow or wednesday. As for tonight I finished with one of the foglight inserts.

The new fogs with Halo Rings

Completed driver side

· Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Re: Pics of cleaning, new rims, gps, teaser for mod im doing.

nice ride! good luck with the lights

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Pics of cleaning, new rims, gps, teaser for mod im doing.

Thanks all. They screwed up on shipping the HID and now it wont be shipped till tomorrow. Not happy at all. Cant wait to get it finished.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Clean, GPS, GT Rims, CCFL project

toolman said:
Sorry to hear about your job. Your car looks nice! The GT wheels really add to the look.
Thanks. I actually lucked out and got a better job with a dealership. Make more money and get all weekends off now. The guy that screwed me over is getting it bad though. Fines up to 50 000 I guess. Stupid ppl

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Renesis said:
that seems to be a weird place to mount a GPS but it looks like a nice unit

I personally just rest my 7" laptop on the dash with a USB GPS puck when I need it.

you don't look too happy in that pic do you? :p

It takes a second to move the GPS. Im trying different locations. I used to do the laptop thing but such a pain. I was happy. Just dont look it in the pic. On my drive home from there I got two people yelling at the car. First one was a girl all like ooooooh, sweet. It was great.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey hey now everyone. Im almost done with the air ride. Soon ill be able to convert from slammed to monster truck at the push of a button. Just need to put bags in. Any offers to help???????

· Registered
314 Posts
Nighthawk243 said:
For the CCFL, pull the DRL fuse (Above the fuel pump relay in the engine compartment's fuse box) when you get the hid kit if you don't want it on during the day.
thats what i was tihnking if i wur to get hid's, maybe thats y we hear so many friggin hid projector horror stories of over overheating lol.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks all. Now I need to figure out how to get out the old bumper inserts. I see the clipps but they are being a bitch. Dont want to damage my bumper taking them out.

GTCAM, ya they are quite nice. You should get urself a set. haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts