G5 Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any product tips for cleaning the fabric part of the arm rests on the door? Mine are starting to look a weee bit dirty.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
you can spray it with any multipurpose non-abrasive cleaner, such as simple green. next you cann either get a scrub brush with softer bristles and lighty clean it, or the better option is to use a shampoo head on a air powered buffer. after you clean it, blow off the liquid with a air nozzle on a comprssor. thats how we clean seats and stuff at the upholstery shop i work at.

hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Haha! Simple Green is like the 'WD-40' of non-toxic degreaser cleaners! Carpets, laundry, hands, off-road R/C cars, etc. I've used a weak solution to clean the plastic and dash surfaces. No fading or cracking. I'll do the same when MY armrests get dirty. Rinse with a damp sponge, followed by a good sucking by my shop vac.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just figured there are carpet cleaners out there that are less likely so leave water staining marks - I've seen it spill on upholstery before and it leaves marks even when diluted. I guarantee you that any upholsterer would definitely not recommend it - to each their own though.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
well considering i work there and they do use it frequently to good effects, it is possible to use simple green on upholstery.

any carpet cleaner will work just fine, just dont overdo it or the suds will see farther into your door panel and ruin pant/wiring

·
Registered
649 Posts
njg5gt said:
well considering i work there and they do use it frequently to good effects, it is possible to use simple green on upholstery.

any carpet cleaner will work just fine, just dont overdo it or the suds will see farther into your door panel and ruin pant/wiring
Never said it wouldn't work and not to use it - I just said "I" would never use it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used some carpet cleaner.. seemed to work best.. I agree that simple green is good for a lot of stuff, but not using it on fabric I don't think.. it's better for exterior stuff, or trim pieces... but thanks for the ideas...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts