G5 Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf Ok, so usually the first thing I do when I start the car up is turn up the music. But the other day I forgot to LOL. Anyways, when I pushed in the clutch I heard a clicking sound. So I did it again and again and again, and it did it every time. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Where about on the clutch push does it happen? Right before all the way in? Because there is a button that it pushes under the dash. And where does it sound like it's coming from?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check tomorrow when it clicks. What button? LOL. It sounds like its coming from the clutch peddle.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
It's the clutch switch, its a safety device that checks to make sure the clutch is in before you can start the car...or if it's pressed in, it'll disengage the cruise.

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
It's the clutch switch, its a safety device that checks to make sure the clutch is in before you can start the car...or if it's pressed in, it'll disengage the cruise.
It is the clutch swith you are hearing. Denlou got it mostly right, but there are actually two switches. One switch is depressed when the clutch is pushed completely to the floor, which allows you to start the car. The other switch is depressed when your foot is completely off the clutch, which allows you to use the cruise. If you stick your head down by the pedals, you can see the first one near the firewall. The second one is way up in the dash, just above the steering shaft. If either goes bad, it is only about an $11.00 part.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked when it clicks and it's about 3/4 of the way down. It sounds like a button is being pressed. But I also noticed a rubbing shutter when it is being pressed in slowly.

·
1,895 Posts
Yep, schedule a service. How many miles on the one in now? They last a good 100K+ miles with moderate use.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
Yep, schedule a service. How many miles on the one in now? They last a good 100K+ miles with moderate use.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
You somehow managed to dig up an old thread. Remember how much simpler things were back in 2008? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts