G5 Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have easy access to some Cobalt coupe tail lights? Mainly I need the diameter, upper and lower depths, and spacing on the screws that hold them in.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Screw spacing is the same. I can measure everything else maybe some time next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm actually thinking about putting an aftermarket set in my Elise since the '05 non-LED ones I have really date the car.

My year:

ImageUploadedByAG Free1465564211.746098.jpg

Later years:

ImageUploadedByAG Free1465564227.106388.jpg

If aftermarket cobalt ones will work then that'll save a ridiculous amount of money

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I'm a little confused about this thread, isnt the Elise a car manufactured by Lotus? Combine that with this is a G5 site not a Cobalt site?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a little confused about this thread, isnt the Elise a car manufactured by Lotus? Combine that with this is a G5 site not a Cobalt site?
I have a G5, too, so I've been a member of this site for years and know that several on here have a very good knowledge of the whole platform.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I think the best bet is to take the OEM ones and put leds in yourself. I highly doubt the cobalt lights will fit in an elise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the best bet is to take the OEM ones and put leds in yourself. I highly doubt the cobalt lights will fit in an elise.
All I need is for them to fit in a 5" hole. Everything else is easy, especially since I have a second clam, a dremel, and no worries about using it.

Adding in LEDs is done pretty often, but that doesn't do anything to improve the actually look of them in daylight, and the function at night is questionable. Plus, that takes more surgery than simply finding a light that fits from another brand. Heck, that happens all the time with OEMs. Parts bin raids are nothing new.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't doubt that the cobalt ones would save a bunch of money. Sort of like switching to Geico. :)
Geico paid out after I put that Lotus into a wall during an open track day, so it works out sometimes ;). And yes, they know exactly what happened that day, and no I am no longer allowed to be their customer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts