G5 Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the bodystyle and everything about my g5 except that its a manual. what do you think about a conversion from automatic to manual? maybe how much it would cost to do it or maybe some pro's and con's?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuat?

you like everything EXCEPT that its a MANUAL, yet you wanna know how much it'd be to convert it from AUTO to MANUAL?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
This again...

First off, do you have an auto or a manual? You OP makes little to no sense because of that.

Second, either conversion would be extremely costly, as in thousands of dollars. If you REALLY want the other transmission, sell your car and buy one with the other transmission. Like most things car related, anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

In short, no. Don't do it, and don't even think about doing it.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
This again...

First off, do you have an auto or a manual? You OP makes little to no sense because of that.

Second, either conversion would be extremely costly, as in thousands of dollars. If you REALLY want the other transmission, sell your car and buy one with the other transmission. Like most things car related, anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

In short, no. Don't do it, and don't even think about doing it.
we got a bunch of fuckin einsteins on this site don't we?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
we got a bunch of fuckin einsteins on this site don't we?
We have some, yes, but as evidenced here, we also have many members who aren't afraid to ask about major mechanical procedures which they may not quite understand the cost of. I'm not sure that's a bad thing really...

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Thank you for clearing that up. The fact still remains though that it will take a large sum of money to do what you want to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im upside down on the car so i figure if i sell the car i lose out on a good bit of money or i could just invest it into the car. plus im overseas right now gettin the tax free money.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
And can you imagine the cost of all those components, the cost of installing them and the cost of tuning/troubleshooting the whole setup? Like I said, it will not be worth it. But hey, if you want to dump money into it, go for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh i have def considered that as one of the routes i might go. but i was only tryin to figure out what it might cost. i figured it would cost a ton but only trying to figure out if it would cost more then how much im upside down on it? cuz if i trade it in im already tackin on 5k to the new car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts