G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2009 G5 non-Gt. Warning lights dont match the faults. When ABS acts up the low coolant light comes on. ABS never illuminates and is located under Speedo next to trunk and low fuel light. Also the fuel guage points to drivers side but my fill is on passenger side. Any idea why my gauges dont match up? Or what this cluster might be out of.
Speedometer Plant Trip computer Odometer Tachometer

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
How many miles/kilometers?
It could be that you have a wrong year Gauge set (which is likely if your fuel is the wrong side), could be bad wiring, maybe the ABS or ECU decided to die? What ABS codes are you getting? Do you know when the last time the coolant was changed?

Edit: Definitely the wrong Gauge Cluster. Wasnt sure since I have a GT but yea, your gauges should look like mine. eBay has new clusters going for around 50$US. Also the same year Cobalt SS gauges are compatible if you want black gauges and 160mph Speedo.

Reactions: kevinculver88

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many miles/kilometers?
It could be that you have a wrong year Gauge set (which is likely if your fuel is the wrong side), could be bad wiring, maybe the ABS or ECU decided to die? What ABS codes are you getting? Do you know when the last time the coolant was changed?

Edit: Definitely the wrong Gauge Cluster. Wasnt sure since I have a GT but yea, your gauges should look like mine. eBay has new clusters going for around 50$US. Also the same year Cobalt SS gauges are compatible if you want black gauges and 160mph Speedo.
Still not understanding what it came out of. It's bugging the shit out of me because the trunk and low fuel light under Speedo work fine but Abs doesnt. Now that I understand coolant light kicks on for ABS and im not hunting phantom cooling problems its not at bad.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
Still not understanding what it came out of. It's bugging the shit out of me because the trunk and low fuel light under Speedo work fine but Abs doesnt. Now that I understand coolant light kicks on for ABS and im not hunting phantom cooling problems its not at bad.
Yea, some gauge clusters still kinda function from similar years/models but that it actually fully works and is accurate not so much. Cheap and easy fix though atleast. Id recommend doing it as soon as possible, I personally wouldnt wanna risk some issue popping up and the cluster not showing anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.