G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, got a stupid question........

so the "info" button on my steering wheel tells me the temp. of my coolant.

But, what should the normal temp be? I've never known the answer and now I can see what it is, I think it'd be nice to know what a normal range should be.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
mine is usually around 90 celcius

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
From someone down in the 'States, mine reads 190-195 F for normal operation. This makes sense, kinda. The 2.2 chevy engine in my old 'Fire had a 190 F thermostat. Haven't had the fan on yet, other than A/C action.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I remember looking at it once and it was around 195. I may have even seen it at 203 if I remember it correctly.

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Mine is typically between 185F and 202F. But I don't really watch it either. The only time I see it is when I am changing the display back to the odometer after looking at my fuel economy.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
It'll usually stay around 190 if you're driving, but when idle, the temp can rise till about 210-215 when the fan kicks on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I talked to a guy at the dealership here that knows quite a bit about the ecotecs he said that the normal running temp if your running on the highway is about 190 but if your cruisin around in town stopping and going stopping and going your car is going to be idleing alot so the temp will go up unless you have the a/c on, then it should stay normal, but if no a/c is on the fan wont actually kick in till about 225 230 F. Ive noticed that to be true to becuase im always watching my coolant level especially when im driving hard. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
when driving around town it is about 195-200 on the highway it runs about 210-212... It never goes above 190 Idling... I dont' understand why either, you'd think idling in the florida summer would be at the 212 mark and highway would be at 190 but it is flip flopped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
stupid question...

How are you guys accessing this info? I bought mine last week and I don't see a temp gauge..

G

·
0 Posts
You should have a button on your steering wheel that looks like a list with an arrow pointing to it, if you press it, it will change the display on your dash inbetween your speedo and tach.

It gives you info like average oil life, average speed, speedometer, coolant temp.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
its in your DIC, which is under the tach on your gauges. to access the difference readings, use the DIC controls located on either your steering wheel or the the right of your steering wheel on the trim peice

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yup - on the dash

I found it - On the dash marked with an I
Not sure what the arrow pointing to the steering wheel does..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts