G5 Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want your ride lookin excellent for years use this!! You can get them at Canadian Tire ( probly other stores, but I got mine there). I believe the story is it sends a negative static charge throughout the whole car. Every nut and bolt that is attached. Very simple insatallation and its guaranteed rust protection. If there is already rust on the car, it will inhibit it and prevent spreading. I've had this on my car for about a year and a half and there is virtually NO RUST. It's about 200 bucks to buy which here is the price of one undercoating except the whole car is covered. I highly recommend investing in this.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
eh.. that looks like a stupid scam to me..

if you have it on your car and it's got no rust it might be because your car is a 2006 and I've never seen a 2 year old car with rust... :arrow:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand your guys' point, but think about places that are prone to rusting quicker than other areas. Your undercarriage, in the engine bay, and when you remove your wheels and the end of the hub is rusted to shit? Your car doesn't need to be old for that to happen. Well, I guess i'll find out down the road if this thing is what it's cracked up to be. Apparently, it's been used on commercial vehicles for years, especially ones used for transporting/processing salt.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
They actually tried to sell my dad one of those at the dealership when he bought his last vehicle in November.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
They may be used on commercial vehicles, however that very system was checked out years ago and found to be a scam -- at least the personal car version. My departed '96 Sunfire was only begining to have moderate surface rust in certain areas underneath. I had no treatment done on it at all, and I live west of Philadelphia, PA. That 'Fire saw many salty winters with little or no washing during the winter months. I can't imagine the Delta platform cars being built any worse. Save your money and instead give your ride's undercarriage a nice sudsy powerwash a few times diuring the road salt season in the drive-up car wash.

·
Registered
439 Posts
They work in theory, never tried selling them though. Found it was easier to convince people to take the old spray on shit

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
the navy uses those systems. and i thought Pennsylvania was salt free, i'm probs wrong

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Well, they have started using the brine solution the day/night before a significant snow fall. PennDOT still flings salt and cinders (rocks!!) when they want the roads clear. This past season, their track record was somewhat lacking in the respect that they got out WELL after the roads needed clearing. Then, to top that off, they ran plow trains on every major highway!! Goofs. Got their butts handed to them via Governor Rendell (go get 'em Eddie!!) when they screwed up I-80.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
lol, I'm glad I live in Texas. It never snows around here. The worst it got last year was there was some ice over the bridges, but thats the most we see around here. "thank god Ima country boy"
lmao, not really, but I'm glad it doesn't snow around here :p

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
yeah it doesn't snow here very much either. But it's hillarious when it does, Vancouver goes through enough salt in one week to keep all the highways of western Canada de-iced for the entire season hahaha.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
denlou said:
yeah it doesn't snow here very much either. But it's hillarious when it does, Vancouver goes through enough salt in one week to keep all the highways of western Canada de-iced for the entire season hahaha.
I second that :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
yup pretty much because the morons salt the snow on the hills which melts the snow and then it freezes overnight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts