G5 Club banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
Thank you kingG5.

It is my intention to fix what is reachable and doable without dropping the transmission.
If I had better tools and a garage I would consider dropping the transmission if needed.
The parking lot of my condo is just not the right place to do a job like this unless I had more experience with Transmissions.

I will inspect that Bolt more closely this weekend.
BTW: Do you know what specific size Bolt the Transmission Pan Bolts are and where to get them?
Auto Zone and PepBoys say they do not have them.
I would like to pick one/some up thisn weekend.
message cherry on here...he works for napa and has access to that info.

·
So Delicious !
5,291 Posts
Just sitting here guessing right now... I'd say it has a 8 mm head (wrench size),
a thread size of 6 mm X 1.00 about 25 mm (1") long. I'd have to verify tomorrow.

So I'd have to think that ANY GOOD parts store should have these bolts, only difference would be.....
sometimes aftermarket bolts usually have a larger head (wrench size) than factory bolts.
So it may have a 10 mm head and should work fine.

So to make it simple on the parts person.... ask for,
a 6mm X 1.00 flange head bolt 1 inch long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got a good look underneath the car today.
There seem to be leaks at at least 4 or 5 bolts in the transmission case.
The longer the engine runs, the more noticeable the leaks become.

I am somewhat concerned there may be more damage underneath the car than just the transmission. There seem to be some oily puddles towards the rear of the car on the ground. More so than typical drop spots. I do not see any leaks dripping down from the car where those spots are, but the puddles are there.

I think it is time to take the car to a shop and let them do what they can do.
This is covered by my insurance, so that is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very good chance the other leaks at the back are from the splatter of the oil leaking while you were driving. Oil will have coated the underside of the car as you were moving down the road. Wind passing under the car would have made a mess of the undercarriage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also the ppl on this forum dont run into curbs and crack the tranny pan and then drive it for 25 miles. We all have common sense. So none of us have experience your exact issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Bruh the dude was just asking for help and you’re over here giving him a hard time. I did this recently and didn’t even know mine had been leaking. There’s no reason why you should be giving him a hard time. Like coool, you know your shit. Share some advice and move on without being so negative.
Peace ✌🏻

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
70 Posts
Bruh the dude was just asking for help and you’re over here giving him a hard time. I did this recently and didn’t even know mine had been leaking. There’s no reason why you should be giving him a hard time. Like coool, you know your shit. Share some advice and move on without being so negative.
Peace ✌🏻
👆 Yeah, a LOT of people get all upitty when they're able to jump on someone for doing something 'not so good'.
BTW....ROCKAUTO has brand new transmission pans for UNDER $30!!!

If that's not right for your car, you can easily change the year, transmission (manual or automatic) and engine size!
2007 PONTIAC G5 2.2L L4 Fluid Pan | RockAuto

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
Peace ✌🏻
That was eight years ago, so I hope he has cooled down by now. :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts