G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have one that can post pics.
im looking to build one since my i regular box wont fit.
i have 2 twelves...any ideas of a cool custom box let me know.
and does putting you subs backwards effect sound quality? or is it just for looks?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i created my own sub bow for my one twelve. i also tuned it for 40 Hz. it looks just like a regular sub box now, bo pics are kinda pointless.

as for rear firing subs, depending on your enclosure, they can either be effective or for looks. if you want a really in depth explanation, ask me haha im not going to type it all for nothing

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was looking for a custom box that i can make myself out of wood.. but i need some i deas on a disign.. nothing to fancy but not a a regular rectangle box either..
what kind of box enclosure does it have to be to put the subs backwards? is it worth it doing that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
U.N.L.I.M.I.T.E.D said:
does any one have one that can post pics.
im looking to build one since my i regular box wont fit.
i have 2 twelves...any ideas of a cool custom box let me know.
and does putting you subs backwards effect sound quality? or is it just for looks?

Simple and easy to install and remove. And cheap for a box. Not quite a cube or rectangle, the front sits at an angle

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Maybe try fiberglassing? theres a pic of my system eventually when i get bored of this look i wouldn't mind trying out a bit of fiberglassing

·
Registered
101 Posts
Renesis said:
wow guys our trunks are small enough stock, now they're almost useless! :shock:
are you kidding me, This is the most trunk space I have ever had.

1st car - Nissan 240sx convertible with two 10" in the trunk, leaving about 3 inches in front of the box and 6 to one side.

2nd car - Nissan 350z - comes with strut bar the uses up half the available trunk space

G5 - single 12" sub in sealed box = most room in trunk I have ever had.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Even with my 12" and box which i could only put in the trunk by removing the whole back seat.. i still have room for a whole load of groceries.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
i had the same problem getting my sub box in haha. i had to take out the spare tire as well so it could dip into that well for enough clearance

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah, i was lucky enough to be able to squeeze my box in my trunk with my back seats folded down and not have to take any thing apart to get in the trunk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts