G5 Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got my custom magnaflow exhaust yesterday and just when I was pulling out of the muffler shop, I started rolling down my windows and they stopped halfway. The damn fuse blew, so I went to the parts house and the same thing happened with the new fuse. So, now I have to drive through town last night pissed off like hell, cuz I usually drive with my windows down. I dropped my car off this morning and just now got off the phone with them to find out they "can't find the problem." The service guy told me he'd have another look at it to see if he can make the fuse blow again. So, here I'm once again stuck without my car for another day and I don't even know if they will even fix the problem yet. Hopefully, they get it fixed today. Does anybody know if a bad window switch is a common defect?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
wait, you blew the fuse, replaced it, and blew it again? sounds like a grounding problem to me. as for window switches, never had a problem with mine before, but now that i said that, i will.

good luck geting it fixed. today seems to be the day of breakage for our cars.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking through CSS and the only thing closest to my problem is one user complain that one or the other window went out at different times, but nothing about the fuse blowing. I was thinking it could be either a bad ground, or maybe the switch itself. Whatever it is, I hope they fix and warranty it, cuz I'm broke this week.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Should have no problems warranting the windows. If its blowing out fuses, could be a ground like everyone is saying, or a short in the wiring? Maybe a sonnection is loose and it shorts out on the switch, who know! :shock:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Freakin' electronics man. Atleast you got your window all the way up haha.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, today they said they didn't find anything, but when I got in the car, the bezel around the window controls was popped out of place, so I went back in and told them to fix it. Turns out, one of the guys messed up that part of the door paneling, so the bezel will never fit right, but they're giving me another door panel next week.

Not so bad I guess since its all free, but what really pissed me off was their "multi point inspection." It looks like the guy just checked everything good without looking at the car at all.
some of the things that were checked were:

Onstar (not on my car)
Rear wipers (not on my car)
"Transmission fluid, if equipped with a dipstick" was checked good and I drive a standard, WTF?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
it was nice of them to break a part and just leave it in hopes of you not finding it until you pulled out and they could say it wasnt them.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
njg5gt said:
it was nice of them to break a part and just leave it in hopes of you not finding it until you pulled out and they could say it wasnt them.
Yea, that was fucked up and I was ready to start swingin' lol. The service manager was cool about it tho. He was pissed off like hell that one of the techs did that, cuz its "so unprofessional."
I can respect that he was trying to uphold the dealerships reputation, by taking care of the problem. I hope that bastard tech gets fired tho.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Thats BS man, I would have talked to the dealership manager infront of the service manager and that tech. Ream them all for being "so unprofessional", I mean do they have a 16 yo diagnosing your electrical problem? Maybe get a second opinion if you can, because from what I found, no dealer is created equally.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
McGuyver said:
Thats BS man, I would have talked to the dealership manager infront of the service manager and that tech. Ream them all for being "so unprofessional", I mean do they have a 16 yo diagnosing your electrical problem? Maybe get a second opinion if you can, because from what I found, no dealer is created equally.
Yea, I thought about that, but I would have do drive a bit to find another GM dealer. I'm just going to see how it works out for now. I'm thinking about having a word with the dealership manager later.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
yeah, but it is definitely worth seeking the other opinion. I had to resort to a chevy dealer for my sunroof, and it actually worked out better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts