G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1616338084.html

I went to Houston to get my Base G5 and I ended up paying $10.6k after tt&l, I wish I would've found that ad before I went! I'm not even sure if the car is still for sale, but damn that woulda been a great deal for a GT. The only thing off is that it has a base bumper instead of a GT one.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Looks like that car was involved in a front end collision...

Has a base bumper, but it's a GT.

I wouldn't trust that.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My guess is that it is a GT, but was involved in a front end collision, and the collision repair center ordered the wrong bumper (base bumper). I'd check the carfax on it to check it out. Hopefully they are even giving you the legit VIN lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't buy it since I just bought my base G5 two weeks ago :( lol. I ran the VIN they supplied on decodethis.com and it came up as a G5 GT, but they don't even advertise it in the ad as a GT.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Haha, this will turn into another one of those "damn those guys on G5club" things that Rob mentioned :p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
its not even an 07 front bumper, the 07 front bumpers came with the black inserts, and the wheel gap doesnt even look proper for a real gt unless they put a smaller tire on it, i was thinkin it was someone converting to a GT but lost the finances to do so and is selling as is, just my guess. i dont believe its a real gt tho

and it looks like cloth seats also

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The GT is the same as the SS 2.4L where you could have either leather or cloth. The only delta with standard leather was the SS Supercharged (Recaro's available with Optional G85). I've seen the SS/TC seats and they're not really leather, but more of a wierd suede like material.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
keeping in mind that the gt bumper costs less from gm then the base bumper or the SE ... so this is really strange. unless it was smashed and a junkyard bumper was cheep . any bumper is better then no bumper

oh and not all gts have leather.. mine does. but iv only ever seen one other one around town with leather.. rest are cloth

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not even an 07 front bumper, the 07 front bumpers came with the black inserts, and the wheel gap doesnt even look proper for a real gt unless they put a smaller tire on it, i was thinkin it was someone converting to a GT but lost the finances to do so and is selling as is, just my guess. i dont believe its a real gt tho

Lol nice catch, I passed that one over. So that means it's an '08+ bumper. And it might just be me, but in the frontal pic does it look like there's excess gap between the bottom of the headlights and the front bumper?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Its off for one reason or another that car is screwed up. wrong bumper and the wheel gap is to much, i wish they would have had a engine shot.....it would have a 2.3 svt motor in there i would piss myself laughing

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
the gap under the headlight is normal mine had it....fuck mine was warped up on one side and dropped on the other....i made the dealer replace it after the failed to repair the problem the first time
You don't count.

Your whole car is defective, driver included... :-D

·
Registered
17,578 Posts

i think this is the best bet

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yea theres enough GT parts including the fog light switch and trim to believe it was hit and the wrong fascia put on.

I like how the ad reads "Not a single dent or scratch! Shows great!" yeah now lol!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1616338084.html

I went to Houston to get my Base G5 and I ended up paying $10.6k after tt&l, I wish I would've found that ad before I went! I'm not even sure if the car is still for sale, but damn that woulda been a great deal for a GT. The only thing off is that it has a base bumper instead of a GT one.
VIN: 1G2AN15B277291824
Year: 2007
Make: Pontiac
Style / Body: Coupe 2D
Engine: 2.4L I4 MPI
Country of Assembly: United States
Model: G5 GT

just seached the vin on a random site.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts