G5 Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
According to comp nine's VIN look up tool, that car is supposed to be majestic amethyst metallic. Is that what that color is? Because a google search comes up with a color closer to that of the dark slate metallic...

·
Registered
115 Posts
It is definately a write off just checked the vin in GM VIS and the car has a warranty block and says GOVERNMENT REPORTED SALVAGE and the color shows as 95U Titanium Metallic

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
its not even an 07 front bumper, the 07 front bumpers came with the black inserts, and the wheel gap doesnt even look proper for a real gt unless they put a smaller tire on it, i was thinkin it was someone converting to a GT but lost the finances to do so and is selling as is, just my guess. i dont believe its a real gt tho

and it looks like cloth seats also
I was looking at the pics I took of my friend's '07 Cobalt Sedan, and I noticed that his inserts are painted red. Do all '07 G5/Cobalts have the black inserts or only G5's? Could it be that my friend's car had been hit before and they replaced it with a newer bumper?

[media]http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/82amcspirit/Tims%20Cobalt/IMG_0398.jpg[/media]

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I was looking at the pics I took of my friend's '07 Cobalt Sedan, and I noticed that his inserts are painted red. Do all '07 G5/Cobalts have the black inserts or only G5's? Could it be that my friend's car had been hit before and they replaced it with a newer bumper?

[media]http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/82amcspirit/Tims%20Cobalt/IMG_0398.jpg[/media]
The Cobalt is the exception. The Cobalt in the US in 05-07 had the non insert bumpers for the 'ghetto' level base cobalts. Mainly the Cobalt Base and LS. The 07 G5 in the US was the equivalent of a Cobalt LT, so it did have the inserts. After 2008, GM did away with the insert bumper unless the car came with foglamps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ah ok, thanks. Yeah his has roll up windows and manual locks, so his is pretty base lol.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts