G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this morning, I saw this message for the first time. I happened to see it just before it went away, so I was unsure if it said something before that. I've done some looking around online about it, and all I can find is that it has to do with outside air temp.

From what I can remember, it was somewhere around 2C this morning, perhaps with a bit of windchill that could've brought it near freezing. Within having the car on for all of about 15 seconds, it never came back.

The thing I need your help with is: where is this ice supposedly 'possible'? Is it something to do with water in the gas tank, or is it just saying "Good morning, Greg! It could be slippery today, be careful, k?" :lol:

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: I can't tell if you guys are joking or serious. ;)
Is it more of a traction warning than an engine-icing warning? Seriously?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Definitely has to do with outside temperature and or coolant temperature. I get it a lot in Rhode Island. Ever since i bought the car.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it, it's just telling you to be careful, the roads might be slippery. I just read it in the owners manual.:)

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BUt how would it know if it was frozen??
It would probably pick up a block between the gas tank and the engine. Who knows.. there could be a temp sensor in there too! They already have one for gas being either lean or rich, right? Why not temperature and ice-risk?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
It would probably pick up a block between the gas tank and the engine. Who knows.. there could be a temp sensor in there too! They already have one for gas being either lean or rich, right? Why not temperature and ice-risk?
yea. however you could just put a thing of HEET in there, to get rid of teh water, or W/E its called.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts