G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my car was still new. I was still having fun finding out what it could do without pushing it to the limit...at least just yet. I decide to have some fun accelerating through a long sweeping on-ramp to the highway. As I change lanes onto the roadway, I'm pushing 70 mph. Wow! sweet feeling! In my rear view mirror is a pack of cars, but about an 1/8 mile back. Fun time is over, and I back it down to about 55 and lock on the cruise. Two miles down the road, Smokey is waiting on an on-ramp for a victim. Here I come, bright red sporty car well ahead of a pack, BUT doing about the speed limit. I guess my speed was hard to read. Otherwise, I could almost do nothing more to say 'Look at me!!' Smokey pulls up behind me without me seeing him. At some point, I do see him back there. He is close enough to read the numbers on my license plate registration sticker!!! After a few miles, he pulls off and leaves the highway. De-nied Mr. Trooper!! Try nailing someone else less careful with their fast car!

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I don't mean to sound like an ass....but uhm, were you drunk when you wrote this? haha.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
good work man

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
thats when you floor it and when he pulls you over tell him casually that you thought he wanted to race. ha ha

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I got a speeding ticket second day of having my car... DAMN french RCMP guy.. I'm disputing it he wont' show he'll be transferred by then like my last speeding ticket...

TO EVERYONE... BECAREFUL IN YOUR FIRST WEEK! lol. Now I have a radar detector... fortunetly its our right in BC to have one :p. I get the cops before the cops get me :twisted:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Rob said:
I got a speeding ticket second day of having my car... DAMN french RCMP guy.. I'm disputing it he wont' show he'll be transferred by then like my last speeding ticket...

TO EVERYONE... BECAREFUL IN YOUR FIRST WEEK! lol. Now I have a radar detector... fortunetly its our right in BC to have one :p. I get the cops before the cops get me :twisted:
Common Sense > Radar

Plus with a radar you just look guilty when they pull you over.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I havn't been pulled over since... Its ok tho... My dad is a probation officer and has been for a long time was also a lawyer and has a masters in crim.... We won my last speeding ticket because we used the argument that it took too long to go to court... funny argument at that but it worked! haha. It all depends on how you present.. that and I seriously WAS NOT SPEEDING that time I was unfortunetly the last car in a line up. As for my latest speeding ticket... umm.. well I was speeding hah but I'm only disputing it because I'm a month away from my FULL class 5 instead of this supid Class 7N... I would have paid it elsewise but if I didn't dispute it I risked getting a letter in the mail a month later saying my license is revoked and I need to restart the graduated licensing program which would have SUCKED!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rob said:
I havn't been pulled over since... Its ok tho... My dad is a probation officer and has been for a long time was also a lawyer and has a masters in crim.... We won my last speeding ticket because we used the argument that it took too long to go to court... funny argument at that but it worked! haha. It all depends on how you present.. that and I seriously WAS NOT SPEEDING that time I was unfortunetly the last car in a line up. As for my latest speeding ticket... umm.. well I was speeding hah but I'm only disputing it because I'm a month away from my FULL class 5 instead of this supid Class 7N... I would have paid it elsewise but if I didn't dispute it I risked getting a letter in the mail a month later saying my license is revoked and I need to restart the graduated licensing program which would have SUCKED!
Wow that graduated licensing program sounds like a pain. Explain it sometime, I'm not familiar with how Canadians get licensed to drive... Here in the states it's hold a permit from 1 month to 6(from what I know, it was 6 months for me) take your driving test and go at it.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
denlou said:
Rob said:

Common Sense > Radar

Plus with a radar you just look guilty when they pull you over.
They do make concealed display radar units. The Valentine One has a remote display kit. You could also use something like a CD pocket on your visor to hide detectors also. Alot of people do this with a Bel STi.

·
Registered
176 Posts
in canada you get permit for a year 7 months if u do a 5 week driving course haha, then u get a kinda half licence, not alowed to drive between 5 am and 12 pm for one year and you only have 6 points instaed of 12. on your one year grad date they send u new licence and you get yor full 12 points and all that hahahaha it sucks

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
lol, good stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yellow_lightning said:
in canada you get permit for a year 7 months if u do a 5 week driving course haha, then u get a kinda half licence, not alowed to drive between 5 am and 12 pm for one year and you only have 6 points instaed of 12. on your one year grad date they send u new licence and you get yor full 12 points and all that hahahaha it sucks
Actually in Canada there is no one standard for getting a licence. Each province has their own system.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Was it the same cop in the pictures from show off your stuff? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts