G5 Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rescently i've noticed that my dome light and rear view mirror are rattaling becuase of the subwoofers in my car. My light is almost half way off, its almost hanging....anyone have an idea what i can do? I thought about gorrilla glue, but i dont want it to be getto'd out or too ricey looking, any help please??

btw i just got my car back from the shop today, already has something wrong with it

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
the rearview, deal with it.

the dome light, take a coin and pop the cover halfway out and it will stay tight and wont rattle

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not talking about just the light, although that rattels too, im talking about the light frame itself, not just the plastic part that holds the buld, the whole thing. I'll try to take a pic after work today

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
it wont just clip back up? i would take it to the dealer and pull a wtf?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would but i just rescently got my car back from the shop 2 days ago, it was there for 2 months, someone in an F150 hit me with their horse trailer and I really don't like not having a car, and sence im only 16, i can't use a rental

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
it should. just dont straight up say, my subs shook it off. just tell them the light fell off and you want it fixed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rescently i've noticed that my dome light and rear view mirror are rattaling becuase of the subwoofers in my car. My light is almost half way off, its almost hanging....anyone have an idea what i can do? I thought about gorrilla glue, but i dont want it to be getto'd out or too ricey looking, any help please??

btw i just got my car back from the shop today, already has something wrong with it
Maybe try NON PERMINANT BLUE COLORED LOCKTIGHT, along with wedging it with toothpicks if needed & break off any exposed toothpick. I realized the g5, cobalt, ion, with a SUNROOF received a rear view mirror WITH LIGHTS INCLUDED! I hate how my G5 only has a dome light in the middle of the car so, I grabbed a rear view mirror with lights from a junkyard G5, with a sunroof! It also had a rain sensor, onstage & more, I only care about the extra lighting, tested it & it works!!! Found a wiring diagram online, will be installing it soon & upgrading the bulbs to led.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts