·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: Front End Cover GM #17801160

Type of Modification: Appearance and Protection

Price: List price $95.00 U.S.

Product Rating: 10

Material: It's made from "Tricomposite" and is said to withstand extreme temperatures, and resist small stones.

Where you bought it: I had the parts man, Walt, at Sunwest Motors, Newport, OR, order it for me. It was manufactured in Canada. :eek:hcanada

Installation: It took me about 45 minutes to install it. It would probably take me 10 minutes to put it back on if I removed it. I had to install 4 snap fasteners which were a piece of cake, because you remove 4 screws under the front end, and replace them with the 4 included snaps. After that, the bra goes on easy, and comes off easy. In fact, it wasn't as hard to install as others I've had. If it's cold weather, probably nobody could install it the first time. But, with warm weather, or indoors with heat, probably most people could install it. It comes with a small easy to follow, instruction sheet in three languages. You need a phillips screwdriver and a pair of pliers. The screwdriver to install the snaps, and the pliers to bend the tabs on the bra so that they fit the wheel wells snuggly.

Make sure the bra and the car are warm when you install it. Things get tough quickly if it's cold

What do you think? The dealer sold it to me with 10 dollars off, which made it 85 dollars U.S. Nice, and it was worth it.

Also, it has a small wind deflector to help carry bugs and stuff up and over the windshield. That's the smallest bug deflector I've seen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had one on my last car. I liked it, had it on for most of the summer, just never use it in the winter.. holds the salt, and making sure it's clean behind sometimes is a pain.. but I like th look, and saved a LOT of stone chips. after a few years, I did start to notice a bit of a color difference, since the sun wasn't fading the paint under it like the rest of the car. So just make sure to let her breath once in a while ;)

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I personally prefer them au naturel, less dissapointment after it comes off...

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Had just the hood protector on my old "Fire. These things do a good job, but there's the added maintenance to consider. I will say this: that is one tight, smooth look! Very clean! A virtual leather-wrapped front end.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My primary reason for the bra is for protection from the damaging "Pea Gravel" that my state uses on the highways in the winter. I do enjoy the style of the bra, too.

The state and counties use Pea Gravel instead of sand. It's nasty stuff and they should quit using it; but they've used it for over 50 years. Old habits die hard. I suspect that my windshield will suffer this winter. I hope not. :( I would hate to tell you what I really think about my state government.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes, while I'm on my soapbox about the State. What about that stinking front license plate? I need that stuck on my car like I need :dancingpoop

Many states don't require them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I love that look!

I think with the GT bumper it would look really great, do they make one for the GT, I want one. :shock:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I never liked the bras on any model. I'll tell you like somebody told me before. The bra is can help block debris and bugs, but your paint will fade more on the rest of the car, so either way, you lose.

·
Registered
830 Posts
My grampa bought me one for my car. I like it, but I only use it when I'm out on highways. I hate cleaning bugs off the car after they've been baked on in the heat :p ... I like the half of it that goes on the hood, looks kinda neat when the bottom half is on. I don't usually have mine on thou.

·
Original Member
904 Posts
bra? i spend most of my friday nights taken them off my baby, let alone installing them on my ride lol

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
tank said:
My grampa bought me one for my car. I like it, but I only use it when I'm out on highways. I hate cleaning bugs off the car after they've been baked on in the heat :p ... I like the half of it that goes on the hood, looks kinda neat when the bottom half is on. I don't usually have mine on thou.
I've got this great stuff called Turtle Wax Bug Remover and Wax... You spray it on the affected areas where bugs are stuck/baked on... has to be cool... let it stand for 1 min and rub it in wash it off and wash your car as normal afterwards... it waxes your hood making it nice and shiny (as well as your license plate/bumper) and no signs of bugs leftover! I use the stuff once every two weeks... I literally have blood spatter alll over my hood/grill as I mainly do highway driving 85-90% of the time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
denlou said:
I personally prefer them au naturel, less dissapointment after it comes off...
dont tell me i am the only one that found this the least bit funny... :lol:

·
Registered
641 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
Car bras are gay?
Needless remarks are retarded?

Let me rewrite that for you.

BTY Elit3 said:
I don't care for car bras, but if you like yours, more power to ya! :D
There. For t3h W1N.

·
Registered
641 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
Where would I be if I didnt have someone rewording my sentences. lol.
*shrug*

I just don't didn't care for the way you said that. Reminded me of something I'd find at the Cobaltss.net forums.

Oh snap! Who made fun of the SS forums?!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts