G5 Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dual xdm270 install

How in the world do I install this thing and what all do I need? I already have the dash kit assembled with the stereo but I dont know what harness I need to get now. Pls help!

·
1,895 Posts
Dual xdm270 install

How in the world do I install this thing and what all do I need? I already have the dash kit assembled with the stereo but I dont know what harness I need to get now. Pls help!
I forget exactly how it goes, but there's some sort of delete bypass harness? The Sounds used to come through the old factory radio.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
557 Posts
Assuming you have the proper dash kit, you simply cannot just wire the single din radio into the OEM radio harness. You need an in-between converter harness. Depending on the year of your car, you may need the radio adapter as well. If you don't have/don't want steering wheel controls, you need this: https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-2104-Radio-Wiring-Harness/dp/B0014ZP2CQ
Here's the antenna adapter: Amazon.com: Compatible with Chevy Cobalt 2005-2006 Factory Stereo to Aftermarket Radio Antenna Adapter Plug: Car Electronics

If you're unsure of the wiring diagrams, get it professionally installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts