G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno. Recently had one valve thingy replaced back there. Thinking my aquatic journey may have fargled everything else. Definitely getting a new gas cap.

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
I've got the P0442 code as well, but the P0455 makes me think you should check for fuel cap before spending time and money on anything else.

I'll have to finish going through the last week of new posts to learn about your aquatic journey... I vaguely remember you hitting a deep pothole or something like that. Is that what you're referring to?

On a side note, I need to find your fuel line leak thread... :(

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the P0442 code as well, but the P0455 makes me think you should check for fuel cap before spending time and money on anything else.

I'll have to finish going through the last week of new posts to learn about your aquatic journey... I vaguely remember you hitting a deep pothole or something like that. Is that what you're referring to?

It was a really deep puddle. My gas tank pan got bent down and under from the force of water. Probably as deep as my ride height. Fuel lines were done recently to pass inspection in April. Fuel cap is not OE, but isn't all that old either. I'm seriously considering getting a new charcoal canister and vent valve to replace myself. Both are OE and may need replacing. If not, still worth some simple wrenching.

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New charcoal canister & purge valve, cleared codes, runs a skoesh better. Also, that damned yellow idiot light is out! Email if you'd like tips on either maintenance. Anyone know what the white powder may be that came from the old purge valve?

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Glad to hear it's fixed. I better call and make an appointment for mine. I probably should get the ignition recall taken care of too. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any half-decent Saturday Mechanic can service the EVAP. The ignition recall is almost a waste of time, although it is free.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have code p0455 as well and have been trying to get rid of it and did there for a min. The Fuel filler hose was really bad, and depending on how old your vehicle is, that should be something to look into as well. Very common issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts