G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy the gmpp catback exhaust that they have for the cobalt and I was just wondering about the exhaust manifold that they have on the site also. Does anyone have any information about that?

I basically need to know if its worth it to get the catback by itself without the manifold (if thats even possible) and if so, whats the difference in horsepower gains and such. I'm not so good at exhausts and I really have no clue. Thanks if you can help. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Adding the manifold would give you a much less restricted, more free flowing system over-all. But isnt 100% needed to give decent HP gains. All depends on if you have the 2.2 or the 2.4.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 2.4, sorry forgot to mention that. I'm not a big tuner i just figured if the manifold would only give me a few more horses it wasn't worth the $300.

I also had heard that the GM fuel injectors were already pretty good so they really weren't worth replacing. Any advice is helpful though.

·
Registered
649 Posts
There can be issues with the injectors maxing out - but only after numerous mods - Intake, Catback, header etc. The injectors used in the 2.4L are the same as those used in the 2.2L - I have heard of ppl maxing out.

I am not exactly sure what the HP gains are with the header - But IMO the gains aren't worth it unless you plan on doing more in the future.

There is a thread started about this discussion as well - we can keep this one as its about aftermarket header - the other is with a stock LSJ on an L61

1 - 5 of 5 Posts