G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided I wanted eyelids, but I didn't want the horrible looking vinyl ones I've been seeing, so I painted my own. Tell me what you guys think

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the "eye lid" look! However I wondered why no one ever followed the hood line...

But I think it looks great!

I've like it ever since I saw Tim Allen have it done to a Caddy on the show Payback...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one I saw that did that was the vinyl one on ebay. I personally don't like that look, because it doesn't stand out that much. Plus, it would hardly be noticeable from a distance.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I had those exact same ones before I switched to my projectors.

If you get the vinyl overlays, make sure you wrap some of it around the edges of the plastic or they will start peeling from the edges. Tip that was passed on to me from a guy that puts a lot of decals on.

·
Registered
188 Posts
They look sick man. good job

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
When I had my eyelids on I didn't notice any loss of light.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks alot for all the comments and yes, it did effect lighting a bit, but not enough to make it hard to see. I can just see that the very "top" of the beam on the road is straight now.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LMAO, right?

I actually like the way the lights shine now. I can even drive everywhere with my brights on, because they're just low enough to where they won't blind anybody.

HIDS?

Hmmmmmm....

·
Registered
35 Posts
this had been on my todo list... i need to get off my ass and get all my painting done.

looks goood. props for doin it the right way (i.e not vinyl, they look horrible imo)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VolklSkiier said:
this had been on my todo list... i need to get off my ass and get all my painting done.

looks goood. props for doin it the right way (i.e not vinyl, they look horrible imo)
Yea, I'm glad I did it. It makes the car really stand out. These are old pics tho. I painted the housing black since then. Check out this thread:

http://www.g5club.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=977

1 - 17 of 17 Posts