G5 Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is it hiding in the GT's? I would like to possibly swap it out for a more powerful one, if possible.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, now do you know if its a 4ch? I have to check it out later but I would like to know ahead. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i thought the factory amp was a 6 channel since the stock sub is a dual voice coil + the 4 mids in the car

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
For furture notice, most american cars put them on the driverside above the pedeals. I dont know why but they do. I had "peremium" spund package on my 86 t-bird and the factory amp was there too, so was my firends late 80s mustang.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
my blazer has the bose sound system and the amp is under my center arm rest. but on the g5 can you turn it up from the amp at all or no?

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, I still have to check it out, but I wonder if you can adjust the utput on the amp or not like 07g5gt asked. :?

At any rate, it still sounds good, but a little extra umph, wouldn't hurt. :p

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
haha nah i didnt even bother with it. i kept my stock speakers and subs, and just added in another sub with its own amp. i just know that it doesnt have any settings that can be changed because 1. i bought a spare from ziggy to keep incase mine blows 2. ive blown mine by 'running it too hot'. sucked not having music or chimes for a week while the dealer ordered me a new one haha

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Running too hot... hmm wonder ift hat has to do with it being above the peddals!

Still think that is a stupid area to put it. Could have mounted it in the trunk or in the console or something.

SO there is no way to swap it out? For some reason I cannot believe that.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
to swap it out would be difficult. it uses wireing harnesses from the radio and you would need to get a wiring diagram and schematics, plan a new setup will still keeping all the features of the stock system, and go from there. seems like a pain in the ass to me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dre said:
For furture notice, most american cars put them on the driverside above the pedeals. I dont know why but they do. I had "peremium" spund package on my 86 t-bird and the factory amp was there too, so was my firends late 80s mustang.
G6s are in the trunk

·
Banned
6 Posts
would anyone happen to know which leads are for the + and - for the front left & right speakers? I just want to send those to a new amp and bypass the old one, but still keep the old amp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts