G5 Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got an 07 and for the sound in the speakers to be halfway hearable the volume on the radio has to be half way up or higher and i got the treble and mids and bass turned all the way up. is there a button that needs to pressed to get louder or what? and btw the auto volume is off

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Is this the pioneer or base stereo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
no man jus either buy some tweeters or jus turn ur bass down some. its not necessary to have ur bass, treble, or ur mid up all the way whether its stock or its aftermarket. but if turning the bass down jus isnt an option for u then install some nice tweeters and u'll be good to go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If it is the base stero mine is the same way. I believe its just because the stock head unit does not provide much a lot of power output.

·
Registered
341 Posts
seriously if u want good sound buy an aftermarket head unit. that ac delco shit they give us sucks! i know a guy with a ss/sc that has one and his volume turned halfway up, is louder than mine all the way.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
im pretty sure my volume about 1/4 the way up and on iPod will blow your stockers away. that system sucks. when i test drove one, i was so unimpressed it was the first option i demanded for.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea guys its the base stereo but im going to redo it all one day but for now i was just wondering if it was going to be like that or if i could mess wtih it to get something out of it

·
Registered
100 Posts
mostly in the right ear, selective in the left. I have the older deck because mine is a 06. my wife has the newer deck, also with the pioneer system. her system kicks my systems ass.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Generally the Basic stereo sucks, but I heard the pioneer system is good.

Anyways, I'm not really complaining about my non-pioneer one as it sounded better than the Grand Am's stock system, and is close to the Sony setup I had in the GA to replace it's old delco parts.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
domin8 said:
mostly in the right ear, selective in the left. I have the older deck because mine is a 06. my wife has the newer deck, also with the pioneer system. her system kicks my systems ass.
har har. I have selective hearing too...

"blah blah blah blah sex...do you think I look blah blah blah blah"

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
lol @ denlou

Yeah I can vouch, the Pioneer System rocks, I cant see out of my mirros when I turn it up. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Replacing the stock headunit makes a world of difference. i have the pioneer premier stereo in my car and not a few hours after i got it i installed my Alpine headunit and it makes it even better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
After playing around with my radio I reallized that the volume only has to be at 1/8-1/4 for normal listening. I had it on a station that was quiet so that is why mine had to be so high. With cd, 1/2 is pretty loud, specially with my infinity pounding.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My base system seems fine, quarter way up is plenty loud, halfway up drowns out most noise on the highway... and the base system sounds much better than any of the OE systems I've had in previous GM cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts