G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to squeeze as much power out of my stock upgraded Pioneer sound system as possible. Just wondering what some of the sounds gurus on here have to say about this idea...

The sub is currently in a plastic enclosure and from what I can tell it isn't even sealed all that well. What if I made a really nice sealed or even ported enclosure out of MDF with the perfect volume? Would that in any way increase the bass or amount of bass I would feel/hear?

Also, what would be the ideal volume and port length for a sub like ours or could you tell me a similar sub to ours which I can easily find that info for? Thanks,

Corey

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Hoenstly i think you would be wasting your time. much better bass can be had these days for a very very small investment.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Much better to go aftermarket :p . My base model didn't come with the stock sub but oh well.

Check this out

http://g5club.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343

:bighaha

It was a "I did it because I was bored" day.... I'm back down to 2 now but oh man, 4 subs in the trunk for a week... my WINDOWS were shaking too much, I had to pullem' out and go back down to two. You can actually see in one of the vids the rear window shaking haha.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
You may get better frequency responce out of a tuned, ported box, but to be honest, the amp only puts out so much, and if you want more power, you need a bigger amp. As Rob so elequently stated, "Much better to go aftermarket".

Then again, you can get better bass from tuning your eq, lol, I have no problems shaking my windows with the poineer system. :wink:

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
:p

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yea, if you have the extra cash laying around you should go after market, I have just 1 10" alpine in a ported box and it is the loudest 10 i have ever heard in a car, right now i have the bass turned down on the stock deck to 1/4 and my remote bass boost to 50% and it is the perfect balance, i find with the bass turned down on the stock deck the highs are also a lot clearer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts