G5 Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how far this is away from production? I asked,cause I just got black and blue coverkings and I want to do my E-brake boot and shifter boot in blue leather.
thanks Mike...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tank said:
how'd you guys get handbrake boots?!?! Mine doesn't have one :(
its a custom job,you have to goto g5gt.net and go to the "how to" section and follow biohazards E-brake mod....takes about 30mins and you are rid of what I call the afterthough on our cars.

·
Registered
830 Posts
did you have a link for the cobaltss site on the how to? I just don't understand how it attaches to our ebrake :p

·
Registered
830 Posts
nvm, i found the how to... That looks quite complicated just to slide a shift boot on. I was thinking of just getting a shift boot from lordco or canadian tire, hot gluing it on the bottom, underneath the plastic piece of the console, and then trying to find a way to attach it at the top.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
th0ughtless said:
I have the same question mike, cuz I was talking to her about it when she first started talking about the boot....
well if you see the thread i posted up,we will have some custom fit boots within 3 weeks and thats 60bucks for both boots!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tank said:
nvm, i found the how to... That looks quite complicated just to slide a shift boot on. I was thinking of just getting a shift boot from lordco or canadian tire, hot gluing it on the bottom, underneath the plastic piece of the console, and then trying to find a way to attach it at the top.
Do you have a dremel??? its actually quite easy,his how to might seem tough cuz he was the first to do it,I was the second.
all you do is pull of the plastic cover(by hand) there is another plastic piece you cut off to accomodate the new ebrake handle,then you cut an inch of the ebrake handle and you are done.i did not glue the boot underneath,there is really no need to do that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
th0ughtless said:
I want to change out my e-brake handle, but I haven't found one that I like.
The stock handle looks so bad.
try crowderscustomizing thats where icemaid got hers

·
Registered
649 Posts
My apologies - I haven't been on the board in a while - family issues.

As for the boot - the guy has all of the info and has never got back to me thoughtless - sorry.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
farfrmnormal said:
My apologies - I haven't been on the board in a while - family issues.

As for the boot - the guy has all of the info and has never got back to me thoughtless - sorry.
All good sorry they have not got back to you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts