G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here never been in an automotive form, so stupid question can I use zzp proformance parts on my G5 as it's the same thing as a cobalt? I also have a fuel leak and sending a P0171 which seems to be more air coming then gas so pretty much leaning I 110% confirmed its that stupid OEM fuel line that GM has loved to cheap out on aluminum lines, oh and the lovely heat resistant tape to trap salt and water gotta love ontario canada lol, what do you guys recommend I had my G5 for 1 and a half years and I got it mint for 143,000 and now at 173,848 and its such an awesome car its my first too so I don't want to abandon it.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Sky Tire
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Sky Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky
Sky Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
152 Posts
The car looks to be in good shape.

Yeah, the G5 and Cobalt are the exact same cars. Anything that will work on the 2.2 Cobalt, will work on it. You're not going to find a lot of parts to give it more horse power, but it should wake the car up a little.

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback
1 Posts
The G5 and Cobalt are identical aside from the badging and front clip/rear end. I used to have a red 07 Pontiac G5 coupe with the 5-speed, but we got rid of it cause of the fuel lines rotting away. Started to leak real bad, then the lines literally disintegrated when I touched them. It's a pretty common issue, but it's worth it to fix. These cars are real easy to modify and are pretty reliable, so I would definitely recommend to fix it up especially because of the amazing condition that it's in. Pretty hard to find this car in that good of shape in Ontario. Mine was near rust free with 89,000km when we first bought it for $3,500 at a used dealership in Hamilton. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m about to buy one of these but the GT version which has a 2.4 L if y’all find any parts or mods in general to increase the acceleration or anything let me know, also getting it with only 91k miles in good condition for $2k as my first car is that a good price??

·
Registered
8 Posts
The car looks to be in good shape.

Yeah, the G5 and Cobalt are the exact same cars. Anything that will work on the 2.2 Cobalt, will work on it. You're not going to find a lot of parts to give it more horse power, but it should wake the car up a little.
Would anything for the 2.2 cobalt work for the 2.4 g5 GT or is there also a 2.4 cobalt?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts