G5 Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to be lowering my 09 g5 gt this spring, planning on getting lowering springs because i just want to get rid of the wheel gap.... my question for those experienced in lowering their g5's is: do i need to replace any other suspension parts like sway bar end links or smaller struts shocks etc.... if so any recommendations on a set of springs + other parts

thanks!:)

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
My favorite springs are Powell Race Parts YYZ springs:

I paired them with Koni yellow adjustable shocks and struts:

I've also used the GM FE5 shocks and struts with good results. They are an improvement over the FE3 suspension parts that your G5 GT has.

Additional parts I recommend are an upgraded front sway bar (I have the GM FE5 front sway bar from a Cobalt SS/SC) and a Powell Race Parts rear sway bar.

I also have Powergrid sway bar end links, solid control arm bushings (MOOG), and rotated & upgraded engine mounts, but I think the most noticeable improvements can be had with the lowering springs and swaybars.

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My favorite springs are Powell Race Parts YYZ springs:

I paired them with Koni yellow adjustable shocks and struts:

I've also used the GM FE5 shocks and struts with good results. They are an improvement over the FE3 suspension parts that your G5 GT has.

Additional parts I recommend are an upgraded front sway bar (I have the GM FE5 front sway bar from a Cobalt SS/SC) and a Powell Race Parts rear sway bar.

I also have Powergrid sway bar end links, solid control arm bushings (MOOG), and rotated & upgraded engine mounts, but I think the most noticeable improvements can be had with the lowering springs and swaybars.

thanks man appreciate the suggestions will def be looking into those upgrades

·
Registered
30 Posts
My guy, get the Ksport Kontrol Pro coils for the cobalt SS, I have them, they fit on G5 GT's just the same, and you can adjust your height. Mine ride rough but I haven't touched the damping at all, and the fitment is absolutely perfect. Couldn't be happier, and for $850, its a deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts