G5 Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I wanted to add foglights to the SE Sedan 07, how would I go about doing so, I noticed on my car that the front bumper has the plastic grille where the foglights would normally go. Curious if anyone knows whats behind it. whether its a space that the foglights can slide into be it stock or aftermarket or if its something else.

Any insight would be appreciated :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
As far as I know the only way to put foglights on the SE is to mount near the bottom of the bumper. My bf has the SE so I will take a look sometime to see if there is any other way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
601 Posts
Do you mean add foglights to the Base model because as far as i know the SE comes with fog lights. The easiest way would be to find someone selling an SE bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
the SE does not come with fog lights - my boyfriend has one and his doesn't have any. It is an upgrade/option.
Our SE came with foglights. I "think" they came standard (as part of the SE package). But maybe they changed it for 07.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
Looks like the foglights fit in the hole via a socket that mounts to the lip of the circle cutout on the bumper. Like most any GM assembly, the wires lead to a harness , use a button on the dash nest to the dash light dimmer control, have their own fuse, all special wired at the factory. You could still rig up something yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
DartBaron said:
Looks like the foglights fit in the hole via a socket that mounts to the lip of the circle cutout on the bumper. Like most any GM assembly, the wires lead to a harness , use a button on the dash nest to the dash light dimmer control, have their own fuse, all special wired at the factory. You could still rig up something yourself.
This will not work as the SE's don't have those holes.



The only SE that does is the SE with the upgraded preferred package
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
601 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
DartBaron said:
Looks like the foglights fit in the hole via a socket that mounts to the lip of the circle cutout on the bumper. Like most any GM assembly, the wires lead to a harness , use a button on the dash nest to the dash light dimmer control, have their own fuse, all special wired at the factory. You could still rig up something yourself.
This will not work as the SE's don't have those holes.



The only SE that does is the SE with the upgraded preferred package
To clear all this up. The base is like the black car where the fog area is the same color. the se has ether the black fog area with no fogs(red car) or the black fog area with the fogs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah my car is like the red car where the fog light section on the bumper is covered by a plastic piece, you can remove that plastic and there is a hole there where the fog lights would normally be installed, so i'm curious about whether you can fit aftermarket lights in there, and if anyone has any suggestions about which would fit best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
jnak,

Yes, you can order the inserts, called "bezels" from the dealer. I just did.

The inserts for left and right fog lights have the following two stock numbers.

15246803

15247807

Here in the states the inserts cost about 24 dollars each.

You can find that stuff, and a lot more at: http://www.gmaccessoriesstore.com/

Click on "Genuine GM parts", and you can buy every part in your car, and a receive a discount price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
That's true, Nighthawk243.

The aftermarket fog lights and driving lights come as a kit, and they include instructions, and all the hardware, wire, switch, relay, and whatever else is needed. Usually, it's straight forward and relatively simple for a person with some knowledge of automotive electrics.

It is not a big job for people used to working with car accessories, but can be a problem for a novice. In fact, I wouldn't recommend someone trying to install anything without knowledge about the car wiring, because they could do expensive and serious damage to the computers and control circuits in their car. Also, there is the danger of causing fire. Not good.

Locating a place for the switch is important. I wouldn't want to drill holes in the dash, or do anything stupid like that. Perhaps the switch can be mounted within reach under the dash?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
Skinjob said:
That's true, Nighthawk243.

The aftermarket fog lights and driving lights come as a kit, and they include instructions, and all the hardware, wire, switch, relay, and whatever else is needed. Usually, it's straight forward and relatively simple for a person with some knowledge of automotive electrics.

It is not a big job for people used to working with car accessories, but can be a problem for a novice. In fact, I wouldn't recommend someone trying to install anything without knowledge about the car wiring, because they could do expensive and serious damage to the computers and control circuits in their car. Also, there is the danger of causing fire. Not good.

Locating a place for the switch is important. I wouldn't want to drill holes in the dash, or do anything stupid like that. Perhaps the switch can be mounted within reach under the dash?
I personally would wire them to just switch on with the low beam circuit. But then again, I tend to drive with foglamps on (Provided the car had them) in order to see better at night... my vision sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Locating a place for the switch is important. I wouldn't want to drill holes in the dash, or do anything stupid like that. Perhaps the switch can be mounted within reach under the dash?
Inside the little door on the drivers side where the trunk release button is?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top