G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
nice stripes! wish we could see better in the pictures. Nothing like a good hand painted on pinstripe. We have a world famous guy here that does them. Mainly does pin stripe flames.. would love to have him do something on my car....

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dads good friend does it for a living. hes very good. my dad owns a bar and he did it out back in the parking lot at nine at night and it only took like 15 20 mins including prep. i wanted the stripes to not be very noticable. the shots of the trunk just show up really well because of the flash but they are very subtle, which is what i wanted. if your more than 10 feet away you would never know they were there unless you were looking for them.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its right above the bodyline. on the close up front pic it starts behind the point of the headlight and on the close up back/side shot, it starts directly under the antenna, and you can see the trunk design in both trunk pics, and the one with the half naked asian child is a close up of the center of the trunk pinstripe

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the intake resonator is out and i have a muffler, maybe thats why

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, I've had my intake resonator out for a few weeks. No exhaust, so thats all I hear and it sounds great. My girl says you can hear it way up the road. I still haven't had the chance to hear it outside of the car, because nobody I know can drive a standard.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh thoughtless, i tried to do your thing with the 3 inch dryer hose. 2 questions. did you use the soft tubing thats like thick foil with a spring, or the hard aluminum/tin stuff. i used the hard. thats just a curiosity question.

second how did you get around the piece molded outside of the intake. it looks like this ( )- it has like a notch coming out of it. i just cut a slot out of the tubing and slid it over the notch. im just wondering if you did the same or if you figures something else out.

oh and im not the half naked little asian child. thats the owner of the mustang... yes an asian in a ford... what next

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
LOL, of course I know you're not the asian. I tried a few different methods, even cut out the notch, but the best way I got it to fit was to cut about a 5" piece of the resonator and fit the aluminum tubing to that. The part I cut was the piece that actually goes into the airbox. That way, it could seal the best. The tubing I bought was just regular ol' flex aluminum tubing. What you have is prolly the same thing.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill go look at my resonator. did you cut it so that the tap where it clips on is still on. otherwise how did you hold the resonator tube on. ill go check it out. thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I cut it off an inch past the first clip. Cut the clip off, which left a small hole, and taped the whole off. Then all you need to do is fit the piping onto the part you cut off. Its a pretty snug fit. Use something to hold the piping to the piece you just took off, like duct tape.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i was thinking cut a few inches past the clip thing and then use it to help secure itself. just clip it where it was originally. that way it is supported well, then clamp the ducting on the end

1 - 20 of 21 Posts