G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this topic was deleted somehow - I will start a new thread. Using the code below, post your current fuel economy.

Code:
[b]Engine Size:[/b]
[b]Avg. Speed:[/b]
[b]Type of Driving - highway, city[/b]
[b]Transmission Type (Auto or Manual):[/b]
[b]Shift point (manual only)[/b]
[b]Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg:[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2
Avg. Speed: 39 - per DIC
Type of Driving - highway, city Urban expressway mainly
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Auto
shift point (manual only)
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 32 mpg

Over 2 months, 2905 miles on 90.8 US gallons
Speed is generally around 30 or around 70 mph
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,861 Posts
Engine Size: 2.4
Avg. Speed: DIC says 42.
Type of Driving - highway, city: ~80% highway @ 55-60 mph
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Manual
Shift point (manual only): 2300-2500 rpm
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 37 Mpg

Completely stock. Gas milage used to be 34 Mpg, but then I started putting it in neutral while coasting down some long hills that I drive on each day. Now I get between 36 and 38 Mpg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2 liter
Avg. Speed: up to 70 mph
Type of Driving - highway, city mostly city
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): auto
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 25.8 MPG

why so less on my mpg then everyone else?? stock base.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2
Avg. Speed: 34
Type of Driving - highway, city mostly city
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): A
Shift point (manual only) n/a
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 9.3 l/100km
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2
Avg. Speed: 70-80
Type of Driving - highway, city 75% Highway, 25% city
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): manual
Shift point (manual only) 2500-3500
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 32MPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
ihaveag5 said:
why so less on my mpg then everyone else?? stock base.

What are you guys posting for your average speed?? that number should be pulled from your DIC, not a guesstimate.. there is an actual number.. that might indicate for you why you are lower...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,037 Posts
Smokey said:
ihaveag5 said:
why so less on my mpg then everyone else?? stock base.

What are you guys posting for your average speed?? that number should be pulled from your DIC, not a guesstimate.. there is an actual number.. that might indicate for you why you are lower...

The average speed indicator calculates until the point where its reset its not that smart tho so its better to give an off the top because if you do a lot of highway driving... a lot of city driving you'll just know what your average is... for example my average is approx 110 because I live near by the highway and my work is right off the highway.. but if you sit with your car just in the on position it appears to affect your average speed would come down. At least the way I look at it... because my average speed definitly is not 50km/hour lol. I just never reset the thing.. when I reset it tho for like a week its between 100-110.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
idealy both of those should be reset at the same time, average speed, and mileage. When calculating your true gas mileage, which is what we are doing here, the computer is looking at it all the time, whether you are moving or sitting still. Therefore the average speed is the same, calculated to be the 'true' average speed. For the purposes of these posts, those two should correspond with each other, using the average speed number from the computer, you can see if someone has terrible gas mileage, and their computer says average speed is 20kph, obviously they do a lot of time idling for whatever reason. but that person may think they drive at an average of 100kph, since they usually do driving on the highway, but don't factor in they let their car idle for an hour a day or whatever.

You may normally drive at 100 kph, but you average out at 50 kph due to stopping, idling, warming up, all using gas. This is the difference between mean, median, and mode, all types of average. Your mode average is 100 kph, since you usually drive that speed, however, your average, or mean speed is 50....

boring night at work.. lol..
 

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
Engine Size: 2.4
Avg. Speed: 40km/h
Type of Driving - highway, city mostly city
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): manual
Shift point (manual only) 3000rpm (unless I'm having fun)
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: hovers arount 10.0l/100km
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Engine Size: 2.0L Supercharged
Avg. Speed: All over the map...
Type of Driving - highway, city Highway
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Manual
Shift point (manual only) 3500
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 7.9L/100KMS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Rob said:
Smokey said:
ihaveag5 said:
why so less on my mpg then everyone else?? stock base.

What are you guys posting for your average speed?? that number should be pulled from your DIC, not a guesstimate.. there is an actual number.. that might indicate for you why you are lower...

The average speed indicator calculates until the point where its reset its not that smart tho so its better to give an off the top because if you do a lot of highway driving... a lot of city driving you'll just know what your average is... for example my average is approx 110 because I live near by the highway and my work is right off the highway.. but if you sit with your car just in the on position it appears to affect your average speed would come down. At least the way I look at it... because my average speed definitly is not 50km/hour lol. I just never reset the thing.. when I reset it tho for like a week its between 100-110.
How is ur average speed 100-110MPH, u halling that much ass on the free way?
 

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
Joined
·
826 Posts
lol, yeah, its like 60-70mph.

Engine Size: 2.4
Avg. Speed: 50kph
Type of Driving - highway, city Country / Highway
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Auto
Shift point (manual only) Buh?
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 11.0L/100K

Car only has a mere 480kms on it. Still a baby.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,690 Posts
Engine Size: 2.4L
Avg. Speed: 77km/h
Type of Driving - highway, city 85% highway
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Manual
Shift point (manual only) 4000rpm any less and you bog to much i find...
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 8.7L/100km
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Engine Size: 2.4L
Avg. Speed: I vary a LOT.
Type of Driving: Mostly intercity
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Auto
Shift point: (manual only) Whatever the great Hydromatic gods wish.
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 21.5 MPG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2
Avg. Speed:24.........!!!
Type of Driving - highway, cityMostly city/suburb crap.
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual):Auto
Shift point (manual only)
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 23.8mpg nd fallin i hate this = (

had my babe for 1 months added 2000 miles, drivin it is so addictive arg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
my drinker..

Engine Size: 2.2
Avg. Speed: 62kph
Type of Driving - highway 95%
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): 5spd
Shift point (manual only) 3300 min rpm
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 7.3L/100K

I use Chervron 89 exclusively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Engine Size: 2.2L
Avg. Speed: 27
Type of Driving: 50-50
Transmission Type (Auto or Manual): Manual
Shift point: (manual only) 2000-2500.
Fuel Economy - L/100K or Mpg: 26.5 MPG (When it is -5 F you wanna give it 10 min to warm-up and every time it drops by 0.3-0.4)
 
1 - 20 of 242 Posts
Top