G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a faint smell of fuel from underneath, in the middle, after shutdown. Any known problems to start looking?

·
#low
1,537 Posts
There was a recall in some states for the fuel fittings. Double check your vin. The NTHSA has an online checker now.

The lines also rot up towards the tank in heavy salt areas. If that's the case replace with cupro nickel lines or nylon and not steel.

·
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There was a recall in some states for the fuel fittings. Double check your vin. The NTHSA has an online checker now.

The lines also rot up towards the tank in heavy salt areas. If that's the case replace with cupro nickel lines or nylon and not steel.
For some reason, my car falls outside of the VIN number for the fuel line recall. I'm working on it, though.

Update...there is a special provision that covers the cracked pump lines, but I will have to pay for the diagnostic to determine that. Thanks, all!!

·
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Epilogue:
The repair was covered, even the diagnostic! Took a little over two hours. They had a 'kit' on hand. As I understand it, the fuel pump module was replaced...whatever that includes. Apparently, high temperature climate states got an outright recall, while the other states are still covered by an as-needed basis.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Epilogue:
The repair was covered, even the diagnostic! Took a little over two hours. They had a 'kit' on hand. As I understand it, the fuel pump module was replaced...whatever that includes. Apparently, high temperature climate states got an outright recall, while the other states are still covered by an as-needed basis.
Good to know. I knew there was a recall for some states and a tsb I didn't know they were covering it everywhere. Glad it's all fixed.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
It probably just doesnt mention it. Its usually referred to as the fuel pump module or fuel pump assembly. Usually doesnt mention the individual components it comes with.

·
So Delicious !
5,254 Posts
WOW, have any of you had the fuel tank also replaced ?

Dealer told me my fuel tank is cracked, the fuel line is cracked and the fuel pump is cracked. I said what is this going to cost me and she said it will be covered under the fuel pump recall. Tank and line will be here tomorrow afternoon and you can pick the car up Wednesday.
Haven't heard of the fuel tank cracking........hmmmmmmm

·
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only had pump & filler tubes done. Wound up replacing the gas evap boxes, myself, 2 years later.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
So Delicious !
5,254 Posts
Hahahahahaaaa, got the car back, my girl friend drove it to fill up with fuel and came home. She said it still says low fuel, so I went for a drive. Fuel gauge reads empty, check engine light and a really bad rattle by the tank.
P0463, fuel level sensor circuit high.....Take car in again Monday, they call to say tech didn't transfer fuel level sender to the new pump ???????? come pick up car.
She drove to her daughters house for a while and called me saying car cranks but won't start.
Fuel pump relay and fuse was good when I get there to check, but no pressure at the fuel rail schrader valve, car stranded for the night waiting for dealership to open to see what they are going to ?
3 times to get this fuel issue fixed, wtf
I hate dealers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts