G5 Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My brother have a 2007 G5 with about 160k miles on it. Yesterday on the interstate, it seemed to go into neutral.
When accelerating, it goes through the first gears fine, but when it reaches top gear it seems to go into neutral and the engine just revs.
I did add some transmission fluid, but it still didn't help. Going to actually measure the fluid level today.
Being the car is old with high mileage, trying to decide if the thing is basically scrap, or if there are some things I could check.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
Does it re-engage the lower gears after failing to grab or is it slipping through 4th? Or is it a certain speed that it seems to cutoff at? Any mods or Stock?

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
112 Posts
After digging alittle, my suggestion is that you flush the trans and get a new filter. You can do it yourself in about an hour if you have jackstands. Valvoline or whatever local fluid jockey shops you have will likely not be able to do it, last time I was at one they told me it was a sealed tranny and they needed special tools. My cheap ratchet set says otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts