G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought my 2007 Pontiac G5 coupe. Drives like a dream, only has 80,000 miles and one preview owner, new battery and new ac and new pipes. So I turned my car on and my check engine light was on and I was like wtf? But the girl I bought it from said it’s an emissions code? She said the engine code will come up when it gets hot and that it’ll go away when the computer resets? I’m concerned… what would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She said it was an evamp emissions sensor code? I’ve never had this problem.

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
30 Posts
You may have to get something called a "Smoke Test". I had it done on my GTO a few years ago. It ran $200 for the test. They (basically) fill the evap. system with an inert (harmless) smoke and look to see where it comes out. In my case, I needed a $12. part, but saved a LOT of time...which means $$$ in the long run. They went straight for the problem, instead of replacing parts via trial and error.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hey!! Thank you for responding, so this is leaking. It smells like fuel. I replaced the gas cap, my mechanic said drive it to see how it feels but it does smell funky. I checked underneath and for a week every time I park my car a small puddle appears under this, only drips a couple minutes after I shut it off. But it smells really chemically. My mechanics gonna take a look tomorrow. Is that a fuel line?

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
30 Posts
Could be. The fuel lines on these do rust and will leak after a while.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be. The fuel lines on these do rust and will leak after a while.
My mechanic checked out that picture and said she thinks the ring in my tank needs replacing because my tank seems to stop leaking ones it’s half way- 1/3 full. The lines look pretty decent surprisingly the underneath of my car has super minimal rusting definitely no corrosion anywhere. Minimal stoppage it always drips a small puddle same size every time and stops dripping when it’s parked for more than 5 minutes.

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
She said it was an evamp emissions sensor code? I’ve never had this problem.
BEFORE A SMOKE TEST
the evap purge solenoid should be check, by seeing if you can blow through in both directions. seems to be a common problem for evap codes.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BEFORE A SMOKE TEST
the evap purge solenoid should be check, by seeing if you can blow through in both directions. seems to be a common problem for evap codes.
yeah so my electronic gas gauge goes up and down a couple miles and it’s depleting not crazy fast but definitely noticeable, my mechanic shut the check engine light off and it was okay for a couple days. turned my car on this morning and it came back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts