G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G5 GT 07 has this weird noise I dont know what it is... Its been there almost since I bought the car, I noticed it when my car had like 1200miles/2000km, and I havent been able to take it to the dealer yet.

Noise: http://www.freewebs.com/caifanz/sound.mpg

No matter how long I drive the noise is there, it could be a 5minute or an hour drive.
Do you have the same noise on your G5s??
do you have any idea what could it be?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah it does... But I only hear it when I stop at red lights..
Hard to tell where it comes from, but I think its from the rear

Last day I heard a G5 GT 06 with the same noise, but it wasnt that louder as mine, and the thicking was slower also

Basically its a thicking sound, and even after car is parked it takes like 5-10 minutes while the thicking decreases and finally stops

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
oooooh! thats the muffler are cars all do that. it it really loud on the g5 and cobalts then any other car nothing to worry about

·
Registered
830 Posts
i've never heard that.
the only weird sound i have heard is sometimes after i start the car it sounds like someone is knocking on the back :lol:

·
Original Member
904 Posts
thats the exhaust expanding, and yes it is freakishly loud

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
06Pursuit said:
thats the exhaust expanding, and yes it is freakishly loud
i thought it was the exhaust shrinking a little bit since it only happens after i shut my car off

·
Registered
298 Posts
obviously a mixed opinion here, but in a case like that, you best be taking it in to be checked out. Could be something expanding sure, but it shouldn't keep doing that all the time. I wouldn't consider that part 'normal'. either way better safe than sorry, you don't it to result in you getting stranded somewhere if you have already noticed potentially something wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the dealer isn't gonna do anything for u most likely. Any car with stainless or aluminized exhaust make that sound. For some reason the G5's and cobalts are loudest. As soon as it heats up it makes that sound and until it cools, used to work in a dealer, hate the sound, gotta live with it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish it didnt doit.. Im gonna take it to the dealer just to check...

Thanks all for your help :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts