G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia.

Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

·
Registered
645 Posts
This works amazing!! Thanks! Im loving the new features!

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
If you want tapatalk for free, jailbreak your device and get the pirate copy. Installous FTW. (main reason droid fails)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want tapatalk for free, jailbreak your device and get the pirate copy. Installous FTW. (main reason droid fails)
I think they should give me a free copy anyhow since it brings them profit when I have that feature installed lol.

·
Registered
645 Posts
^^ haha, yeah I thought that was funny too. But whatever makes the club money an a more enjoyable experience is fine by me!!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I enabled ads to help support server costs... being on its own server is a decent cost... thats why I also have google ads in addition to premium membership... I had a decent amount banked from premium membership money up for upgrades and what not until I switched to dedicated... I wanted more control, ssh access, admin server privileges so I can work with everything more.

To offset, I was going to launch a web hosting & web design company but probably won't happen at the pace I was wanting to since there isn't 40 hours to a day haha damn. Oh well.

But just as admin, costs for dedicated server is $110/month for a good quality server. Hasn't gone done ONCE... I'm at 100% uptime *knocks on wood*. To offset, I have a few other websites of mine on there... including Chevrolet Cruze and I might launch some other sites to throw google adsense on. Google adsense makes barely enough to cover the costs, premium membership makes up for the difference, then the rest goes into advertising the site, domains, vBulletin, etc..

For example... the upgrade for vBulletin 3.7.3 to 4.0 publisher was $250!!! I was able to pay for this based on that group buy I had on the lanyards and many premium recurring memberships...

Sooo... ads are here to stay but they aren't too intrusive lol. My only problem I'm having with them is working with the built in feature for Google adsense that is having issues to get rid of this feature off of the mobile theme I'm trying to get going at http://m.g5club.net for the free wap/mini access so you don't need to pay for TapaTalk.

Hope I didn't write too much of a novel! But just want to thank everyone again for their support!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ya I totally understand man. I just wasn't expecting to see ads in a paid app but then again it's not the developer implementing them, it was pretty smart for them to give the customers the choice of enabling ads though.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts