G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G6
Exhaust and Downpipe, the intake and ECU are not in the car right now.

G5 Intake, VMS ECU.

Only did a 80KPH - 130KPH pull, by 130 there was about 2 cars. Hard to tell how the intake and ECU helped the G5 as last time they raced the G6 had its VMS ECU and intake in.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
and the last time we raced, wasn't I stock? or was there just the intake? I know it was back from poker on the #1.... lol

but it was fun to be able to keep up! 8)

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
jonnycat said:
You shoul let her win every once in awhile, or no nooky for you. :lol:
I bet she loves being an object haha.

But that's sweet you can keep up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
He will beat ya! wish I was there to give him the smackdown on video
Oh, I know he will :) lol
maybe i can send you out my head and cams,you can surprise him.LOL!! BTW how are you liking your tune? and what do you like most about it?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Well... it depends on several factors.

1) Driver experience. The G6 may have power advantage, but if the driver sucks at using it, they'll lose.

2) Weight: G6 is heavier, so its higher horsepower may not be as much of an advantage as it seems.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
maybe i can send you out my head and cams,you can surprise him.LOL!! BTW how are you liking your tune? and what do you like most about it?
Ahh the G6 in question with its full mod list installed would probably still give you a run for your money, with traction the 3900 6 speeds run 14.7-14.5's. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
blackriderg6 said:
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
Ahh the G6 in question with its full mod list installed would probably still give you a run for your money, with traction the 3900 6 speeds run 14.7-14.5's. :D
yup thats my times,nice to see you have that,the vids I have seen showed stock ss/sc beating the gtp.i would love to see ya beat one that would be one up for the pontiac crowd.
I hope with a little more work and tune to not only just beat a stockss/sc but better a few of my runs against them,something to be said for an ALLMOTOR.
could you just imagine your GTP with a turbo,that would be so sweet,also do you have that sweet hood,I see on some of them?

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
haha, go ahead ;)
I'm loving the tune. I find there's even more response (keep in mind, I drove a gutless 2001 civic Si for almost 2 years before this car, so still getting used to this whole "torque" thing, lol), and what I can feel, more low end torque.

very nice, and 100% happy with it! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
haha, go ahead ;)
I'm loving the tune. I find there's even more response (keep in mind, I drove a gutless 2001 civic Si for almost 2 years before this car, so still getting used to this whole "torque" thing, lol), and what I can feel, more low end torque.

very nice, and 100% happy with it! :)
nice,you would absolutly love the ingallis torque dampner then if you love traction and off the line response,btw i miss BC there is no one to hrardly run against,i should sell and buy a truck like the rest of the NBers.LOL!!

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
blackriderg6 said:
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
hey did you get off work already?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
g5mike said:
blackriderg6 said:
g5mike said:
ringflyer said:
g5mike said:
yup thats my times,nice to see you have that,the vids I have seen showed stock ss/sc beating the gtp.i would love to see ya beat one that would be one up for the pontiac crowd.
I hope with a little more work and tune to not only just beat a stockss/sc but better a few of my runs against them,something to be said for an ALLMOTOR.
could you just imagine your GTP with a turbo,that would be so sweet,also do you have that sweet hood,I see on some of them?
Yeah sadly the SS/SC are quicker, they are under rated by about 10-12% from the factory. I don't have the hood however I really do like them. I'm in the process of building a new intake and my ECU is at vector getting a little more timing added.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts