G5 Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya guys, for you who don't know me I'm Ty from Saint John, NB, Canada! Not sure if I've yet made an intro on the newer version of the fourm, but here it is....

... not really to introduce myself, but my car, and why you might ask. I've now owned 2 different 2007 G5's.

My base 2007 "1BADG5" (RIP Dec 19, 2006 - Oct 7, 2007)
Was:

Then:

To see the full story see http://www.g5club.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=908&highlight=

Now I'm introducing my 2007 Pontiac G5 SE

Both are comp yellow, 2dr, 5-speed; many pics and updates to follow!!!

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
sweet. Putting the same plates back on? or is that bad karma? haha.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hey, welcome back. Glad to see you were able to get another G5. I look forward to seeing how you fix this one up. Be nice to her this time :p

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Welcome back! Nice to see you got another G5 :). Be sure to post pics of this new baby and hopefully it will be more badass than the last one :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still working on the mods, for the time being my sig has the few mods on the newer g5. The biggest thing is wanting to go way, WAY bigger on the wheels cause my 17's are toast :oops:

Anybody yet figure a 20" tire combo that fits?

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
the bigger you go the worse it looks the slower your car will be and the more they will weight

20's fit, but they're damn ugly

this ain't some 70's buick that's pimpin' it's an economy car.. comon! :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the largest i would go is 19's and thats just because the rial nogaro's look so good on our cars in that size. 20's are a bit rediculous

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Welcome back man, glad everything worked out for you!

I would stay away from 20's... Its a G5 after all, not an Escalade. :lol:

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Welcome back! 8) Looking forward to seeing new pics of the new car!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah the biggest rim size i would go on a g5 is 18" or 19"

·
Original Member
904 Posts
:welcome

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
duh!!

I guess you missed something here but the point of going plus-size is to keep the same OVERALL diameter.

so if you go with 18's the tire will be slimmer and the rim larger, that will be even worse if you go with 19's which means poorer ride quality and worse look.

cause what makes your ride look too high is the ratio of TIRE height vs the actual wheel gap so i you don't plan to drop, the car will look less stupid with 17's than with 19's even if they're the same overall.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I think it comes to a point where you shouldn't have a tire larger than the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts