G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST had my GLARE 3-step polish system delivered. I am so anxious to use it on my car - but can't cause the final step requires the car to be out of the elements for 24hrs (I don't have a garage).

Here is a little information about the product.

This kit I purchased includes:

GLARE Knock Out - Restores all paints, removes oxidization, scratches, swirl marks from all paints including clear coats. Also removes old water spot marks etc.

GLARE Spider - An advanced formula to remove spider scratches and swirl marks.

GLARE Professional Polish - In combination with the above this will molecularly bond with your paint in 24hrs and will provide a shine to your car like no other.

http://www.glare.com - Check out their testimonials.

A local detailer uses this product on all of his customers vehicles as well as the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) detachment here in Peterborough. All of the local police, ambulances and other service vehicles are done at this shop.

This stuff is amazing and I can't wait to use it! I will post an actual review once I have this on my car.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to be detailing the car tomorrow. Went out and bought all my applicators today and the microfibre stuff for buffing the polish to a shine. Should be fun - I get to bring my grandmas Sebring home for the night. For an old lady car, they are fast.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... I have some bad news. More so for myself, rather then you. What I always say is, learn from other peoples mistakes.

Glares Spider Webbing Removal and Polish are GREAT products - however; the Knock out compound is not so great, actually has cost me more money in the long run. What GLARE forgot to mention on the site and on the bottle is that knock out should only be used on highly scratched and oxidized paint. Needless to say, a car purchased in September 2006 has neither of these. It was my understanding when I purchased the product that it would be safe to use - no....

So.... after doing my trunk I have come to realize this....

My car goes in for a professional cut and polish next Friday to remove the blemishes that the knock out created. After sweating like crazy in the scorching heat (Inside a garage) I have decided to let someone else do it and at the same time fix t he blemishes the knock out created on my trunk.

Live and Learn... BUT

Glare polish is amazing - the sections of the car that I did do look amazing (The sections I used the spider wed and polish on, without the knock out).

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
th0ughtless said:
WOOO, HURRAY FOR EXPENSIVE USELESS JUNK!!!!!
Its not useless - 95% of what I got is amazing. Just one piece of the entire package was useless and out of the whole thing it cost be 20 bucks

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After getting my car back from the professional cut and polish - my car looks amazing (I will take pics this afternoon). I got the car back last Friday (sorry I didn't take pics that day) and I must say WOW. It looked like it had come off the lot. The detailer I took it to used the same products I purchased /w the exception of the knock compound and the spider - he used his own for that stuff. But the polish is AMAZING.

In the past when I washed my car I had to dry it immediately or I would have water spots - last night I washed the car for the first time since and the water just rolled off the car. I am not sure if many of you have noticed that when you dry the car off (in the past) you could almost feel a slight residue on the paint - last night the paint was soooo smooth and its almost as if I was just pushing the water off of the car.

I am soo pleased with this product! If anything, buy the polish, its worth it!

I will take pictures this afternoon and you will be able to see my ENTIRE reflection in the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts