G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant help it but i drive one the expressway everyday and i hate it because of the dam trailers that Zip by and it always seems that a rock hits my windshield and now i have about 5 little chips and one crack the size of a dime that i am going to get fixed..it just pisses my the hell off!!!!!! :( :( :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cursin :pontiac

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
I feel your pain. I don't drive on the interstate that often, but I've got at least 10-15 rock chips in my hood. I don't notice any chips in the windshield, but I always discover another paint chip every time I wash the car.

G

·
wait a minute, you trying to tell me "stay back 500 feet" actually means something?

Some little fucking honda kid, thought I was racing him one day through a 98% completed construction zone, and he blew past me to get ahead before it turned into one lane, and sent a rock flying into my windshield. I was pissed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i drive a lot of highway as well, you should see my windshield, its so pitted from all the rocks that you can hardly see out of it when the sun is shining in front of you..... windshield doesn't bother me much though, its the rock chips on the hood and the one dent about the size of a penny from a rock that really bothers me.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
StormBine said:
i drive a lot of highway as well, you should see my windshield, its so pitted from all the rocks that you can hardly see out of it when the sun is shining in front of you..... windshield doesn't bother me much though, its the rock chips on the hood and the one dent about the size of a penny from a rock that really bothers me.
AGREED... I've had so many rocks deflected off my windshield. No damage each time and SO very lucky (all my driving is freeway/highway).

My hood though.. different story.. there are at least 4 visual spots where there are small gouges and there is no paint. Buffing it out and some touch up paint should fix it up... but still, what a PAIN!!

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
hehe, my car is pretty well a city princess.

Except for the odd balls out cross country trip to Saskatchean haha.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I drive alot on the hwy with my work truck 02 Savana and I do about 25K in it. Once a year-year and half I have to get a new windshield but into it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've been lucky so far, one crack at the bottom of the windshield and couple minor chips. But my windshield is so pitted from all the sand they dump on the roads here that it's hard to see when I'm driving in to the sun.

·
Registered
439 Posts
jnak said:
I've been lucky so far, one crack at the bottom of the windshield and couple minor chips. But my windshield is so pitted from all the sand they dump on the roads here that it's hard to see when I'm driving in to the sun.
Word, and man do we get a lot of low sun. :lol:

·
Registered
547 Posts
jonnycat said:
jnak said:
Word, and man do we get a lot of low sun. :lol:
Must be right in your eyes when you're driving home from work now. 8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
$0 deductible glass coverage FTW....i do 90% highway driving and my hood has at least 50 chips in it...thats why i keep a bottle of touch up in the car and whites easy to touch up

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have to do road trips about 1000 miles every 3 months or so, for school, and what pisses me off is the there are spots on the front fascia that it looks like someone took a hot soldering iron and smeared the urethane, from the rocks. not to mention the numerous chips on the hood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts