G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any solution to fix stone chips in your windshield?

Obviously, a stone decided it wanted to see what I was doing.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
You could go get it filled at a windshield installer, that'll prevent it from cracking. I got mine done in my old car for $50. You should be able to get it done for less though, this place is notorious for high hourly rates.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Like said above, your insurance company on most policys cover it for free to fix chips and stuff. 2nd, call a window company that installs car windshields and for 50 or less dollars they will "patch" it before it starts craking and spreading. Third, can go to an auto parts store and they sell the epoxy compound most times to seal the chip down your self

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you guys got the wrong impression, this is a tiny tiny chip. Not a crack or anything like that. I should call my insurance though, I did a glass coverage policy.

Edit : I called, and Glass America should be calling me within the next few hours about it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
even if it isn't that deep, you'd be surprised what kind of chip will end up as a crack all the way across the windshield. the integrity of the windshield has been compromised, and you should get it filled before some winter morning when I turn on the defrost, you will see the crack race across in-front of you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smokey said:
even if it isn't that deep, you'd be surprised what kind of chip will end up as a crack all the way across the windshield. the integrity of the windshield has been compromised, and you should get it filled before some winter morning when I turn on the defrost, you will see the crack race across in-front of you.
You make it sound like my car is going to explode. lol

They will be down tommrow with a mobile guy to take care of it.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
DecoyGSX said:
Smokey said:

Naw GMs don't explode...thats what FORDs do! :bighaha

G

·
0 Posts
Rob said:
DecoyGSX said:
Smokey said:

Naw GMs don't explode...thats what FORDs do! :bighaha
I thought it was honda's?

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, my dad started out with a tiny pinhole spot, and well time makes fools of us all, he eventually had to replace it to pass inspections.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
298 Posts
DecoyGSX said:
Smokey said:

lol. nah.. just there are a surprising number of people that don't fix it, think it will be fine because it is small, then they complain after that happens.. (like my dad.. lol)

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Smokey said:
DecoyGSX said:
Smokey said:

lol. nah.. just there are a surprising number of people that don't fix it, think it will be fine because it is small, then they complain after that happens.. (like my dad.. lol)
like so many clients who then complain they have to pay a deductible whereas they wouldn't and it wouldn't have affected their insurance premium if they got it repaired on time!

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Heh, whats wrong with fords man. :evil:

Hondas are POS, and glad to know your glass will be fixed up! 8)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The guy from American Glass came, took a look at it, and it turns out its too small to fix. He applied some filler, but a majority of it did not take. It is a little smoother, but it is still there. He assured me because it is only a slight pit it wouldn't have any after effects.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts