G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would one find this in a spray can? I want to get a second set of dash pieces and paint them to match my car but I'm having no luck finding the product.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,377 Posts
Here are the colors and their part numbers for 5oz spray cans...

BLACK (41U).............................12345119
OLYMPIC WHITE (50U)...............12345205
VICTORY RED (74U)..................12345539
YELLOW (34U)...........................12346642
LT TRNISH SILVER (67U)...........12346694
CASMERE MT (15U)...................12346726
EMERALD JEWEL MET (38U)........12346798
LASER BLUE MET (21U)..............12346786
SUNBURST ORANGE MET (56U)...12346722
ARRIVAL BLUE MET (91U)...........12346648
MAJESTIC AMETHYST MET (84U)..12346219
ULTRA SILVER MET (95U)............12345305
PACE BLUE (20U).......................88860746
SPORT RED MET (29U)................12346746
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,602 Posts
when i went to go get paint to do my calipers the same color as my car i talked to a local body shop and i got some there, then i went to a paint store called walkers and got it put into a spray can for 10bucks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
711 Posts
On the G6, your exact color code is in the glove box with the whole chart.

I say that as if its the same on the G5 might want to look for the exact color as year to year sometimes the paint shade maybe changed a tad year to year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
meh it doesnt have to be like 100% dead on ... it'd be nice but meh ... im just doing the interior trim pieces
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
711 Posts
tank said:
meh it doesnt have to be like 100% dead on ... it'd be nice but meh ... im just doing the interior trim pieces
I know, I would be happy with a very close match. But my GF.... if it isnt exact she would never be happy no matter how good it looks if its hers :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's why if someone bitches about something to do with my car, i pull over in no matter what weather, go around, open the door, undo the seat belt and say "enjoy the walk". No matter who it is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
711 Posts
tank said:
That's why if someone bitches about something to do with my car, i pull over in no matter what weather, go around, open the door, undo the seat belt and say "enjoy the walk". No matter who it is.
:lol: classic! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
someone always ends up bitching ... "your air freshener is too strong" "your seats are too hard" "your seat belt is choking me" "i cant see out the back window" ... i had to listen to my brother on a drive home from Kamloops (6 hours) bitch and whine about the back seat ... I personally find the back seat comfier than the drivers seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,128 Posts
for the paint, just give your VIN to the parts guy and specify whither you want to order the actual spray can, or the touch up paint. The spray can only cost me $10, for a 5 or 8 ounce can...can't remember exactly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Funny tank, that is the exact same thing that I wanted to do. I just haven't gotten a chance to do it.

Did you get a price on the second set of dash trim pieces? everywhere I look online it's like 230 dollars...
 

·
zoom zoom!
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
th0ughtless said:
for the paint, just give your VIN to the parts guy and specify whither you want to order the actual spray can, or the touch up paint. The spray can only cost me $10, for a 5 or 8 ounce can...can't remember exactly
the pen for me was like 17$ after taxes here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Smokey said:
Funny tank, that is the exact same thing that I wanted to do. I just haven't gotten a chance to do it.

Did you get a price on the second set of dash trim pieces? everywhere I look online it's like 230 dollars...
I think I'm just going to head out to the autowreckers sometime this fall/winter/spring and hit up the wrecked balts and 5's ... jack them off that :p I'm good with bondo so if I end up with an 06, i'll fill the holes in... Where are you located? If I find two sets, at a reasonable price (or like usual, just jack them out of the car and leave), and shipping isn't insane, I can ship you a set so you can paint them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,377 Posts
I could easily see you spending $30-$40 on shipping just because the pieces are so awkward to package and send.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
denlou said:
I could easily see you spending $30-$40 on shipping just because the pieces are so awkward to package and send.
true, and it's going to ontario...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top