·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: GM Performance Parts Intake for 2.2 Ecotec

Type of Modification: Performance

Price: ~300 USD

Product Rating: 10

Where you bought it: From the Dealership, can also be found at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

Intake sounds really deep after 3000 rpms, and sounds close to stock under 3k. The throttle response is much better, and the horsepower increase is noticible under quick acceleration. This item was dealer installed and was installed for free because it was purchased from them. I would have to say it wouldn't be difficult to install if you have any experience or knowledge on changing out intakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
a little info for those planning to install themselves.GM will warranty the intake for the remainder of the factory warranty if bought and installed through the a dealer. if you do it yourself the part is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles.

·
Registered
341 Posts
VT GT said:
a little info for those planning to install themselves.GM will warranty the intake for the remainder of the factory warranty if bought and installed through the a dealer. if you do it yourself the part is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles.
the same warrenty applies for all gm performance parts not just the intake
:D

·
So Delicious !
5,271 Posts
I paid 265 usd and I think it is the greatest add on you can do for the price. Haven't noticed any fuel milage change at all and I have almost 3000 miles since installing it.
GET ONE !

:arrow: Oh and NO OIL :!:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just installed it this week on my 2.2L

I would also rate it a 10!!!

Noticable loudness on demand, when the pedals in most of the way makes a very, deep, not ricey, sound... love it!!!!

I bought my for $325 CAD from the dealer, installed myself in about 45min. Not a hard install at all but make sure if doing it yourself to carefully follow the size #'s on all the hose clamps as to provided a good air tight seal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had athis intake for about 4 months now and its ausome the nice roar it gives at high rpms, but im wondering if i remove the box portion and just have the air filter there would it make any diference in power/noise

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Had mine on the G5 about a year... Looks great and sounds good too!

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is exactly what i needed. im buying this in two weeks and installing, i was wondering if it was as good as other intakes. i guess i kno now. :D If i follow the how to and instructions you think it will be just as good? Does the air box even help with nething?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Awesome install, very easy to do as well, this was the first mod I did to my car. I did get an increase in fuel mileage while driving normally, but with the sound it gives off when it's WOT it's hard to keep the fuel mileage good, but awesome mod, definately worth the buy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Awesome install, very easy to do as well, this was the first mod I did to my car. I did get an increase in fuel mileage while driving normally, but with the sound it gives off when it's WOT it's hard to keep the fuel mileage good, but awesome mod, definately worth the buy
I notcied the same thing with the mileage. Also if you do the air box mod it will sound even better and respond better.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I notcied the same thing with the mileage. Also if you do the air box mod it will sound even better and respond better.
What air box mod? and just installed on July 31 it sounds great took for a test drive after i installed it. Deepest sound at 3k-4k rpm. i dont kno bout mpg gain yet though haventhad it on tht long. neways im happy with the purchase. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
^this. I took the resonator out like a year after I installed my GMPP cause I got bored one day. No difference at all. Maybe a slim amount of better throttle response, but likely not. Don't waste your time with it.

The intake is great. Again though, power wise, no difference. Maybe a HP or 2 but nothing exceptional. Throttle response is better though with the GMPP.

If you can find one used then jump on it. Got mine for $120 CDN. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the GMPP intake totally delete the giant, nasty air box and, mainly, the giant, nasty intake cover? Holy CRAP that thing really needs to go. Unsightly and hard to work around!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts