G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way back to work at lunch, and caught the last red light on the highway before my exit. Next to me was a 60-70 year old man in his Lincoln Zephyr.

Light went green and I accelerated as I do normally, I noticed the man in the zephyr sitting right beside me stil and I could hear his revs increasing as they would when it's floored and he started pulling ahead of me. The bastard was racing me. I put the rest of the pedal down, but at this point, it was pretty much moot. All I did was stop the guy from gaining on me. He got me by a fender. I think I could have taken him, if I had any indication he was going to race me. I think he was shocked that his "Lincoln" didn't wipe the floor with my Pontiac.

*This race did not occur, it is a figment of my imagination, and no speed limits were broken*

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Hmm a zephyr might have only been toying with you, they have a beefie engine ya know. But then again, he could just be a heavy footed driver. Anways, kinda funny to read about.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I move we add
"*This race did not occur, it is a figment of my imagination, and no speed limits were broken*"
To the end of all the war stories.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
iixnullxii said:
I move we add
"*This race did not occur, it is a figment of my imagination, and no speed limits were broken*"
To the end of all the war stories.

lol thats awsome

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
when i first got my car a guy in a buick LaCrosse try raceing me at a stop light. it was done for him befor it even started lol.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
jonnycat said:
Zephyr 3.0l V6 - 221hp / 205 lbs/ft
G6 3.5l V6 - 201 hp / 222 lbs/ft
I thought they had the 3.5L DOHC 260ish HP. Your prob right, am too lazy to go to fords site to look up engine specs :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those V6 Zephyr's have goo low to mid range power, but suffer at the top end. Take him from a dig and you will have him. He would have probably tried to make up the ground he was losing by staying in the higher rpm's which would have cost him the race. The Zephyer/Fusion share a similar engine to the v6 stangs, but are tuned down so that the mustang can sell its v6.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dre said:
jonnycat said:
Zephyr 3.0l V6 - 221hp / 205 lbs/ft
G6 3.5l V6 - 201 hp / 222 lbs/ft
I thought they had the 3.5L DOHC 260ish HP. Your prob right, am too lazy to go to fords site to look up engine specs :p
THe 3.5 is new, as with the MKX or MXK designation, This was the 1st year they came out.

domin8 said:
The Zephyer/Fusion share a similar engine to the v6 stangs, but are tuned down so that the mustang can sell its v6.
Isn't the Mustang using an old Iron SOHC 3.8 block bored out to a 4.0L? The Duratec's are supposed to be all aluminum cast blocks and DOHC. But definetly slower than the mustang

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes the MKZ is using the 3.5L 263hp but the new mustangs are using the 4.0L SOHC from the rangers and explorers and the old 3.8 was a pushrod V6.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
jonnycat said:
Isn't the Mustang using an old Iron SOHC 3.8 block bored out to a 4.0L? The Duratec's are supposed to be all aluminum cast blocks and DOHC. But definetly slower than the mustang
No, the 3.8L first was never a SOHC, just your normal pushrod. The 3.8L is accally a 5.0L with two missing cyl and a smaller stroke.

The 4.0L is not much better then the 3.8L. The 4.0L was NEVER ment to be in a car, its Fords truck V6 engine. The enigne hate to be reved. So many people have complained to ford and been bashed for putting a truck v6 into the mustang, that next year when it gets its "face" lift to compete against the Camaro that the 4.0L is being dropped for the new 3.5L DOHC engine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts