G5 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i bought exhaust tip for my car from auto zone. it was a clamp on type. with the two metal things on each end and twist on till its secure on ur exhaust.. about half way on it looked rediocouls because it would slide in all the way so you could easily see the bolts becuse it was out to far. twisted it more just to see wht it rele looked liked completed and the ends popped offf and it scrathched the shit out of my muffler.... does anyone no where i can get one tht will fit my 08 g5 base besides at the gm accesries for 70 bucks???

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
I think I have the same one, but I didn't have any problems with mine, but I did paint the clamps black, so that they would not stand out so much, but I'm still thinking of getting a different one though.

I have been looking some Borla ones, but there about $60, so not really any help there.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yea i got a borla tip. Its awesome! Really thick and a nice cut.

But thats only if you wanna put the money out for that.

Check ebay. Ive seen some on their for cheap.

·
Registered
512 Posts
just use that autozone tip if u can get a hold of something to cut off those ridiculous things sticking out and get a hold of someone who can weld and ur all set. did it on a previous car looked real good and still cheap

·
Registered
641 Posts
If you back the bolts out of a bolt on tip enough, the brackets (U shaped things) kind of fall right out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That could be! The tip can have an affect on how your exhaust sounds. I had a GMPP catback and put the GM tip on then put on a Corsa tip and it sounded better and had less resonance.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
That could be! The tip can have an affect on how your exhaust sounds. I had a GMPP catback and put the GM tip on then put on a Corsa tip and it sounded better and had less resonance.
As you may know, I got the tip and put it on and it did help in sound and looks, like you said it seems to have less resonance compared to the other one.

I love it!:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys kinda gave up finding one though haha mayb a magnaflow exhaust next year =]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts