G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my 09 G5 has been making a heavy grinding noise when I am braking and turning left. They is hardly any grooves on the rotor, and the brake pads look mint. Is it a bad caliper or something else? I recently had a new tire put on and the steering wheel shakes at 80kmph + to 110kmph. Could that be the issue. Ignore the rust I'm in Ontario and my cars been sitting in a garage since November. thanks check out the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should've specified. My other tire popped real bad on a nail couldn't be fixed so had to buy a new one. I replaced my whole front suspension myself last spring it has less than 2k miles on it. I never had an issue until I had to get a new tire, then it was grinding and speed wobbling above 80. The grinding sounded like it was coming from the front left brake but everything seems fine with it after looking. I had no issues since the new tire was put on which explains the wobbles probably being unbalanced, but not the grinding. aside from the wobbling I'm leaning more towards axle cv joints over wheel bearing

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CV joints will make more noise when turning and that is when they start to revel that they are going bad. I've heard grinding and popping from bad axles.
ya I think it'll be the axles, which if you look at them they look mint but it can be deceiving I guess. In a few weeks when I put her on the road again ill take it to my mechanic see if he can figure out what it is then ill replace it myself.

·
Registered
2009 pontiac g5 gt coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update so I did my rotors and pads and its gone away. I have a failing Wheel bearing in the rear left which will have to be done by a mechanic since I do not own a press

1 - 5 of 5 Posts